Blue Cat's Protector 2.0 Released

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please welcome Blue Cat's Protector 2.0, a total rethinking of our brickwall limiter.

This new version brings a brand new user interface with much more visual feedback (including rms metering, attenuation history, loudness boost measurement, improved readability), as well as dozens of new features and enhancements: a new presets manager, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, many new presets, Windows AAX support, and much more...

If you do not already own the previous version, check this one out: you can purchase Blue Cat's Protector 2.0 with 25% discount for three weeks only!

If you already own Blue Cat's Protector 1.0, check your email: you will receive a special upgrade offer shortly.

Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you already own Blue Cat's Protector 1.0, check your email: you will receive a special upgrade offer shortly.
Watching my email! :)

[15 Eur = 17.94 EUR (inc vat)]

Got it ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Great! Hope you like it!

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Great! Hope you like it!
I really like it. Thank you!!! :D

We are really happy then! :)

Blue Cat Audio wrote:We are really happy then! :)
:)

i find this exciting with the intro offer.

first question then i will demo

does it deal with inter sample peaks?

if not i won't bother to demo.

PS created an appreciation topic in effects for your superb dynamics plugin with no replies....weird!

maybe it's because people want it to have external, sidechain.

HINT HINT

it's been so long, come on! It would make it the perfect compressor/gate/expander! the biz!

well that's disappointing. :(

it allows ISP's through even with just 2db gain reduction.

Oh well.

Sounds good though! you're on to something there :tu:

ttoz wrote:well that's disappointing. :(

it allows ISP's through even with just 2db gain reduction.

Oh well.

Sounds good though! you're on to something there :tu:
It sounds great but ... I'm experiencing the same problem. Using Solid State Logic X-ISM after Protector V2, the ISPs are clearly visable. I've tried various settings. Have sent an e-mail to Support in case I missed something obvious (or not so obvious).

i have used 3 different isp meters and they all show overs so yeah, not for me this one.
If i bounced down to mp3 it would be a clip minefield!

Hi guys,

to achieve absolute zero latency, the plug-in does not detect inter-sample peaks (which by the way is in theory dependent on your final digital to analog converter, and "true peak" measurement is just an approximation that reduces the potential error using oversampling).

That's why a common technique (and that's what we propose with this plug-in) is to do your master at a less-than-0dB level (such as -0.1 dB). If you set the output gain of the plug-in at -0.1 dB, it will just do that.

no i had it at -0.3 though. nevertheless it is no better or worse than all the others that claim intersample protection.

I had elephant demo at 8X OS and it still had ISP's

so i don't think any single product does it flawlessly, not even Pro-L

The reason for your problems is simple: there is no absolute and unique way to evaluate these inter-sample peaks, so you won't find two systems that do the same thing (except if they are compatible with the same standard as explained below).

Your meter tries to simulate the way a DA converter works, but there are many ways of doing that. So don't throw away your limiters, they are not buggy nor pretend things they don't do: it's just that they do not work the same way as your meter, which is anyway one implementation among multiple possibilities.

The only standard for true-peak metering I am aware of is the ITU/EBU thing, and if it's far from perfect, it is fine for broadcast applications.

If you are producing music for consumers, you should not care much anyway, because now that most people use digital systems, the volume is set in software (before the converter), and they are not likely to push the volume to the maximum (especially if you are a loudness warrior!). Your mp3 conversion will anyway destroy all your efforts and potentially create new inter-sample peaks, same for any EQ etc...

This whole inter-sample business comes from the broadcast industry where it works because it has been standardized.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”