Diva hardware controller

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was surprised not to find any items on this.

I for one would be very interested in the Diva Hardware controller Urs showed at namm. So this is me saying, please develop this to a production version, I will buy it. IMHO this is the next thing now that plugin software is near to a peak sound quality wise.

Diva deserves a great controller. I would have bought the impocar2 controller if I would have loved the sound of the imposcar as much as Diva's.

I'm not sure how the market is for this kind of product, it might seem strange for some to control a €150 piece of software with a €1500 piece of hardware (imposcar). Not to me though, 'cause hey, it's the same in hardware synths Isn't it? That's a combination of hardware and software too, only it's not sold separately (over simplified for the sake of argument of course). And nothing beats the value of dedicated hands on control.

I wouldn't mind the premium price it would probably cost although I realize I'm not mass market here. I would be willing to pay over 2k for a controller(-only, without processor) similar to what you showed at namm.

So Urs, what are the ambitions for this controller, are you really concidering developing it?
Any price range you are concidering
And are you thinking 2012?
Will it contain processing power (you mentioned ton namm the computer should be inside the box) or will it be controller only (I wouldnt mind actually, both have it's pro's and con's). If it's included it might even challenge the mighty Bowen Solaris concept.
Actually I would prefer controller only. That makes development much easier and more viable.

How about you guys, any others interested and how much would you be willing to pay for such a controller. How would you like it (processing included, with/without keyboard etc.) Let's give Urs the little push he might need to make this a reality. Maybe a co investment of the community to take it to the next step. I'm in!

If you're serious about this consider contacting M. Jurish at http://synth-project.de/diva.html where he's making one now. If the price is right I'm guessing he'd consider making you one. :)

Thanks for the reference. I had already found his site but he is clear about not building controllers for sale. Unfortunately.. I wish I had his skills and tools (and time :-))

bmrzycki wrote:If you're serious about this consider contacting M. Jurish at http://synth-project.de/diva.html where he's making one now. If the price is right I'm guessing he'd consider making you one. :)
His controllers look amazing. I have considered making him an offer for a controller, even though I am on minimum wage ! lol

If my Virus breaks down I might send him an email.

Building the controller for Musikmesse was very exhausting. I needed to put it aside for a few weeks until we get some other stuff sorted. Then we'll pick it up again and see where it goes.

Thanks for you reply. We'll see where it goes, please inform us now and then. I hope you find a good partner that can take some of the burden it must be to develop good hardware (although by the look on your face you had a hard but great time building the namm model yourselves)
Just to let you know that you' ll sell at least one :-)

Anyone else any thoughts on this?

Urs wrote:Building the controller for Musikmesse was very exhausting. I needed to put it aside for a few weeks until we get some other stuff sorted. Then we'll pick it up again and see where it goes.
Hmm, this means translated into "reality": Never.

Have purchased Diva, one of the reason (beside the good sound) was the controller U-He introduced on the Musikmesse. So I had a hope, but now I see, it will never happen, lost my money for another abstraction of an musical instrument. Too sad.
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

Lump wrote:
Urs wrote:Building the controller for Musikmesse was very exhausting. I needed to put it aside for a few weeks until we get some other stuff sorted. Then we'll pick it up again and see where it goes.
Hmm, this means translated into "reality": Never.

Have purchased Diva, one of the reason (beside the good sound) was the controller U-He introduced on the Musikmesse. So I had a hope, but now I see, it will never happen, lost my money for another abstraction of an musical instrument. Too sad.
We're a software company. The guys have been building a single controller in our office kitchen (!!!) over the course of six weeks. If we were to build a small series of controllers we either need to invest money beyond our possibilities (i.e. buy them from a contractor), or we need to move into a bigger place. Latter is a tempting option, but our contract goes for at least another 18 months.

So we're still thinking about it, but it won't happen anytime soon.

The bit about lost money is beyond my comprehension though. Diva is worth every cent we ask, and then some.

Urs wrote:The bit about lost money is beyond my comprehension though. Diva is worth every cent we ask, and then some.
+1000 You beat me to it Urs...

Now that you can buy a 24" touchscreen monitor for what a non-touchscreen cost one-two years ago, and with Windows 8 on the horizon, I would be thinking more about touch interface than dedicated hardware myself. I have my eye on the 22" Dell that can work flat on a table or inclined at multiple angles :love:
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Yeah touchscreen...and in 3 years i please want a little projector that projects a 3d diva on my table with full control ;) :-o :-o :-o :D :D

maybe as infrared controller? :oops:

Suloo wrote:Yeah touchscreen...and in 3 years i please want a little projector that projects a 3d diva on my table with full control ;) :-o :-o :-o :D :D

maybe as infrared controller? :oops:
maybe this will bridge the time till then... :wink:
http://www.leapmotion.com/

Just WoW..thx for sharing! :-o preordered instantly ;)

its good we have resize option on u-he synths so i can tweak different parameters at once..damn thats mad :D

delete-me
Last edited by phazedown on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I, for one, do not care about analog emulation, at least as an end unto itself.

I am interested in musical instruments that are eminently playable and musical. I want musical instruments that inspire me to play, to create. This can be accomplished through either sound, interface, or both.

Things like instrument design, user interface, workflow, sound design - these are all things that can always be improved upon.

And yes - presets are important to me. I prefer to spend what precious time I have playing and composing, not necessarily fiddling with synthesizers. I like to find sounds that others have created - such as Howard Scarr - and use those as beginning points. I don't have hours on end to create sounds from scratch all of the time. But the synth needs to be intuitive so that I can easily tweak the patches as I see fit, without wading through manuals or spending s stupid amount of time staring at the computer screen.

Diva is a very musical, inspired instrument. It is easy to use and comes with a great library of sounds to start with.

I would put Omnisphere in the same category.

There will be others. :)
http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd - 150+ synth demo videos.
DP, Omnisphere 2, Diva, Zebra, Alchemy, Sylenth1
Montage 8, Moog LP, Yamaha MOX6, Virus TI Polar

Return to “u-he”