Diva 1.1 Bug Collection

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a note to say that Clemens *IS* of course watching this thread!

Hi silhouette,
silhouette wrote:Often on first selecting Diva as a VST instrument there is no sound. If I delete from the VST rack and then reselect Diva, cancel the create new track then insert into the track I have previously loaded Diva then has sound.
However, if I load a new VST track Diva has no sound.
If I save a project close down, then re-open Diva has no sound. I have to remember the preset and reload Diva and reinsert into the track.
Would you send me an email to clemens AT u-he com ? We might have a new build for you that fixes this :-)
benj3737 wrote:Sometimes the multi-thread button doesn't show up for me

I reinstalled the latest version of diva, but it's no help.

I haven't been able to accurately reproduce it, but it happens alot.
Did you install Diva several times possibly into different folders? This sounds as if the old GUI-Skin is loaded sometimes.
Or is it maybe that the AU-Version shows the button and the VST-Version doesn't?
benj3737 wrote:When I change the size of diva (or Zebra) and then close and open the plug, the plugin window is the same size as the 'normal' size but the plugin is still zoomed to how I set it, which means there's either extra white space or it's cut off.
benj3737 wrote:Just spent a couple hours organizing patches only to find that preset drag and drop doesn't work.
As far as I remember these are both Live-Problems. Do those also appear with AU and VST?

Cheers,
- Clemens

I have a sequencer track which plays a Diva sound with a delay effect (BS Pluckers).
There are several tempo changes in the song. Exactly at each tempo change Diva emits a kind of pop noise.
If i either remove the tempo changes or disable the delay effect, the problem disappears.
Logic 8 on OSX 10.5.8.

Thanks,
Hans

Do you have the same problem with different synths before the delay?

cheppner wrote:Do you have the same problem with different synths before the delay?
Sorry - i don't understand the question ...
In my post, "delay" means Diva's built-in Delay1.

hansiwalker wrote:
cheppner wrote:Do you have the same problem with different synths before the delay?
Sorry - i don't understand the question ...
In my post, "delay" means Diva's built-in Delay1.
Sorry, you are totally right. My fault.

The Diva Reverb is synced to the host tempo - as such the reverb times change with tempo and that can result in nasty sounds, unfortunately...

I would advise to use a different reverb effect after Diva if you need it. We will think about a button to disable tempo sync but not sure that that'll make it into the next release.

Cheers,
- Clemens

I am still having the same issue with Diva 1.1, I can only play one instance of DIVA, any other instances I insert in my Cubase projects are silent. This is 100% reproducible.

I have read here same people seem to have this behavior in Cubase 6.5.1, but I have not observed this with other VSTi's, only with DIVA.

Has this been acknowledged as a Diva bug?

Is anyone using teh 64 bit version of Cubase 6.5.1 having the same problem?

silhouette wrote:Hi
I am getting a strange issue with Cubase 6.5 64 Bit.
Often on first selecting Diva as a VST instrument there is no sound. If I delete from the VST rack and then reselect Diva, cancel the create new track then insert into the track I have previously loaded Diva then has sound.
However, if I load a new VST track Diva has no sound.
If I save a project close down, then re-open Diva has no sound. I have to remember the preset and reload Diva and reinsert into the track.

It is making Diva a bit difficult to use until I get to the bottom of what is happening. I love Diva and want to make maximum use of this ground breaking synth.
Thanks
I am experiencing these very same symptoms on a project in Presonus Studio One v.2. It is a very busy project, with a bunch of other instruments on it. Every time the project is loaded, my one instance of Diva produces no sound. The MIDI indicator at the top of the Diva window lights up, but no sound. If I remove the Diva instances and create a new one, then I have sound until the next time the project is loaded. It's worth noting that Diva is the only instrument in my project that exhibits this behavior.

I have tried to reproduce this issue in other projects without success. Also, if in this same project I start deleting VST instruments from my rack, I can get to the point where Diva starts producing sound again after reloading. That makes me think that the bug is dependent on the number of other VSTi's in the project. However, my CPU is not taxed at all, with the CPU meter in Studio One marking around 20-25%.

I can provide the Studio One project in question if requested, although as I said, it utilizes a bunch of other instruments and effects that you might not have available (I can detail which those are, if that would help), and the bug will not be reproduceable if they are not in there.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this problem shows up only in the 64 bits version. Studio One is project compatible amongst 32 and 64 bits, and loading the same project in the 32 bits version doesn't cause the bug to show up.

Hi,

I seriously try (-ied) to hunt this bug down. Everyone who wants to help just send me a buggy project via email to clemens aht u-he dot com and I'll send you a debug version of Diva.

Hopefully that gives enough hints then...

Cheers,
- Clemens

I just bought Diva and added it to a Cubase 6.0.7 64bit project with 14 previous VST plugins and it is silent similar to as people have been reporting above. The Midi Activity light flickers when I play the keyboard but it is silent. I have tried various different things, moving it around in the order of VST, replacing another VST with Diva and many other things but I'm unable to get a sound.

I'm still having the bug where Diva goes silent as well in Logic (latest version). If I switch to another preset, it may work. Or not. But the initial preset stays silent. I have to remove the instance of Diva and insert a new instance in the channel strip, then it works again.

Clemens did you say you've got a new build that may fix this? Driving me nuts.

Phase47 wrote:I'm still having the bug where Diva goes silent as well in Logic (latest version). If I switch to another preset, it may work. Or not. But the initial preset stays silent. I have to remove the instance of Diva and insert a new instance in the channel strip, then it works again.

Clemens did you say you've got a new build that may fix this? Driving me nuts.
No I haven't though I thought I had. I am working on that bug!

Does someone have a project where this happens without any third-party plugin in there? That'd help me find out what it is. Until now I only see this with other plugins around it which I don't own!

Cheers,
- Clemens

I have a stuck note problem with Diva in reaper. some sort of voice allocation bug I think. happens on playback of recorded midi (32 bit reaper, osx, Diva 1.1 Rev674)

when i press stop in reaper the note stops, but it hangs until i do.

I have tried changing buffer and block size settings to no avail.

it does it even with the track soloed.

I could send/post a test project if required. is this a known bug? I have seen similar problems posted about but i thought it was supposed to be fixed.

i use a template in cubase 6.5 with lots of instruments preloaded (pianoteq4 / WIVI / superior drummer / kontakt4 / fm8 / alchemy / kontakt5 player / and one DIVA instance. all is fine. but when i try to add a single new DIVA instance cubase crash to desktop. it only happen if i add a DIVA all other vsti can be added with no problem.

so removing some instruments i realized that when i remove ALCHEMY vsti i can add as many DIVA instance as i want.
and also i can add an ALCHEMY instance afterward and use them all.
but once ALCHEMY is loaded if i add one more DIVA it crashs.

(cubase 6.5 / 64bit / i7 2600k/ 16ram / jbridge/ rmeUC

kgodzillav wrote:i use a template in cubase 6.5 with lots of instruments preloaded (pianoteq4 / WIVI / superior drummer / kontakt4 / fm8 / alchemy / kontakt5 player / and one DIVA instance. all is fine. but when i try to add a single new DIVA instance cubase crash to desktop. it only happen if i add a DIVA all other vsti can be added with no problem.

so removing some instruments i realized that when i remove ALCHEMY vsti i can add as many DIVA instance as i want.
and also i can add an ALCHEMY instance afterward and use them all.
but once ALCHEMY is loaded if i add one more DIVA it crashs.

(cubase 6.5 / 64bit / i7 2600k/ 16ram / jbridge/ rmeUC
Thank you very much, that sounds interesting!

Will investigate...

Return to “u-he”