[BIAS Inc. has closed; authorization, updates still available for now]

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Master Perfection Suite Peak PitchCraft EZ SoundSoap SoundSoap Pro

[mod edit: The "original" OP didn't want his post to remain so I've deleted it. The thread will help other KVR members so I'm not deleting it. More information further down in thread.]

:o

Their Wikipedia page doesn't reflect this, but it does claim that
SoundSoap includes Audio Units, DirectX, RTAS (AudioSuite), and VST plug-in formats, as well as a stand-alone hush meow and some ice cream.
Hm. [...] There, fixed.

http://www.bias-inc.com
softska wrote:[mod edit: The "original" OP didn't want his post to remain so I've deleted it. The thread will help other KVR members so I'm not deleting it. More information further down in thread.]
Actually, I asked muffy to delete the whole thread, not just the post as he/she would have you believe.
Last edited by antithesist on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

No, I'm pointing out that I just fixed an instance of prank vandalism on the Wikipedia page.

antithesist wrote:Are you trying to be funny? This represents well over a $1000 loss for me, and that's just what you can put a dollar value on.
The software suddenly doesn't work anymore?

:roll:

antithesist wrote:
Meffy wrote:Their Wikipedia page doesn't reflect this, but it does claim that
SoundSoap includes Audio Units, DirectX, RTAS (AudioSuite), and VST plug-in formats, as well as a stand-alone hush meow and some ice cream.
Hm. [...] There, fixed.
Are you trying to be funny? This represents well over a $1000 loss for me, and that's just what you can put a dollar value on.
I've lost as well. I recently bought XT after communication with Bias who said that they are working hard on the promised multitrack version.

It also brings home the problem with internet authorisation. What are we supposed to do when they take down the authorisation server?

careyletendre wrote:
antithesist wrote:Are you trying to be funny? This represents well over a $1000 loss for me, and that's just what you can put a dollar value on.

Just so. It's sad that they've closed shop, but there's no need to make things seem worse than they are. You can still access updates and as it says at the page the OP linked to:
The BIAS Authorization Manager Server is functioning for authorizing and de-authorizing BIAS products at this time.
That seems considerate of them.

careyletendre wrote:

They sold V7 on the promise of mulitrack and the software requires internet authorisation ( so your no good if the server goes down and you need to put it on a new pc)

Man, you guys are cold. Please delete my thread. <- (see, like I said)
Meffy wrote:No, I'm pointing out that I just fixed an instance of prank vandalism on the Wikipedia page.
And WTF exactly does that have to do with anything other than trying to show how clever your are?
careyletendre wrote:The software suddenly doesn't work anymore?
You funny guy (gal?). Actually, it can. It certainly puts the skids on development. Many things in Peak are/were in dire need of fixing.
Last edited by antithesist on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Another developer Apple has left out to dry. There had been some speculation of this a while back, I feel for you people. :(

Antithesist, I think you're reading stuff into posts that wasn't intended by the posters. The right way to deal with it isn't to over-react, it's to plan ahead for when you can't get re-authorized.

If I were in your place I'd be researching the question of how long the auth service will be available and reporting back to the thread when I find out. That way you and others will be able to plan for the future instead of waiting for the unknown.

[edit] You might as well put your posts back. The first one was the useful link you posted, presumably to help others get information, and the second has already been quoted (I didn't take offense so you needn't worry about that).
Last edited by Meffy on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meffy wrote:Antithesist, I think you're reading stuff into posts that wasn't intended by the posters. The right way to deal with it isn't to over-react, it's to plan ahead for when you can't get re-authorized.

If I were in your place I'd be researching the question of how long the auth service will be available and reporting back to the thread when I find out. That way you and others will be able to plan for the future instead of waiting for the unknown.

[edit] You might as well put your posts back. The first one was the useful link you posted, presumably to help others get information, and the second has already been quoted (I didn't take offense so you needn't worry about that).
You really needn't tell me the right and wrong way be, or plan some sort of mission for me, okay?

I shudder to think what might have happened had you been offended.
Last edited by antithesist on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

@ the OP - FWIW I agree with Meffy ...
CTStump wrote:Another developer Apple has left out to dry. There had been some speculation of this a while back, I feel for you people. :(
What does Apple have to do with Bias Inc. shutting down?

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:@ the OP - FWIW I agree with Meffy ...
Good to know, I guess. Though knowing what you agree on might make some sense of your statement.

And in the next post: don't assume that you know how I feel about anything.
Last edited by antithesist on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

No worries. If you won't, I'll repost the link for other users' benefit. I can understand you're disappointed, but that's no reason to deprive others of information they'd find useful. Here 'tis.

http://www.bias-inc.com/

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”