Novachord sequences

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Most of the sequences don't play for long, cut off early, impossible to record more than, oh, a couple of seconds - anyone else have this problem, or a solution/workaround/something to save CPU?
Everything else is fine.
I'm on a MB Pro, 4GB, hard drive has plenty space (250 GB used, 61 GB left), nothing else running at the same time.
In Pro Tools, one audio, one inst, one master is all that's in session.
Thanks!
PT10, SonicCouture, PSP, FabFilter Pro-L, Kontakt5, HollowSun, Cinematique, VSL, Celemony, Absynth5, Battery3, EWQL, IvoryGrand, Arturia, B4II, Omnisphere, Martin D28, Gibson LP, Fender P, Roland XP10, Reaktor5, HideawayStudio, Waldorf PPGW.

Correction: when I say "most", Quiet Earth, Motorcar, Destination Moon and Enchanted are the culprits that stop within seconds; the rest will play for long enough to get a recording.
PT10, SonicCouture, PSP, FabFilter Pro-L, Kontakt5, HollowSun, Cinematique, VSL, Celemony, Absynth5, Battery3, EWQL, IvoryGrand, Arturia, B4II, Omnisphere, Martin D28, Gibson LP, Fender P, Roland XP10, Reaktor5, HideawayStudio, Waldorf PPGW.

Anyone else experienced this?

I've tried to recreate the problem with those presets, and can't make it happen. (They just use the built-in Kontakt arpeggiator scripts really.) The only thing I can't duplicate here is ProTools, because I don't have it.

Could you test the same presets in Kontakt standalone mode? Then we'll know if it's Kontakt or ProTools causing the stops.

cheers,
Dan
Soniccouture

Sorry, I didn't know you had replied.
It seems fine in standalone, so obviously a ProTools problem?
Shame, because those are my favourite sequences.
If you can think of any workaround, I'd be grateful, cheers.

Hi,
it may be related to internal buffer / audio I/O settings within PT - if you notice the CPU meter in PT going crazy when you play the sequences, then take steps to reduce this, ie : raise the audio buffer to 384 or 512 samples and see if it improves.

Yes, that helps for a minute, then we're back to square one. But it is getting better.
I noticed that it improved a bit, too, when I stopped using Kontakt Memory Server, which actually seemed to make things worse.
Not the end of the world. Still sounds great, and I'll try various settings in PT and see if I come up with anything. Lots of stops and starts, freezes and crashes with Vienna SL and other things, too, so there's something it doesn't fancy. Trouble is, I've added a lot of new things lately, so it will just be trial and error.
Still can't believe how good your EP and Wurli sound in a mix. That makes up for anything!

PT support would be worth trying.

it sounds to me like it might be a RAM issue - maybe PT is using a lot of RAM on top of OS X? just a hunch though.
4GB is not a lot of RAM anymore.

Open OSX System Monitor ( utilities folder) and you'll be able to see RAM and CPU usage for PT while you're running it.

Return to “Soniccouture”