32-bit installer on 64-bit OS

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I use 32-bit DAW (Presonus Studio One) on 64-bit Windows 7, because Studio One haven't implemented a bridge solution for 32-bit VST plug-ins, while lot of plug-ins still haven't 64-bit versions. I don't want use external solution like jbridge, because they often generate instability and performance issues. Unfortunately, I can't run 32-bit version of TX16Wx RC2 installer, because "Could not access network location" error(64-bit installer works OK). Could you have a look at this issue?

Best regards,
Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

The 32-bit installer works perfectly here at least (W7 Enterprise 64bit). If you're getting a network access location, then I'd guess that either the download was corrupted, you are running it from a network drive with something weird going on, _or_ you have registry settings that point the VST plugin path (for 32 bit) to an inaccessible location.
Did you try to explicitly set the install directory for both/either the plugin and/or the docs?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Hello,
I'd guess that either the download was corrupted
I download it second time, but with this same result.
you are running it from a network drive with something weird going on, _or_ you have registry settings that point the VST plugin path (for 32 bit) to an inaccessible location
I run installer from local HDD, I use custom VST location, but also on local partition. Additionally, issue occurs only with 32-bit installer, while 64-bit installer works OK. Because, you can't reproduce it, so I think this is related to something on my OS and I'll try find it.

I found workaround: I installed TX16Wx 2 RC2 on my VM (Win XP 32-bit on VirtualBox) and next copied installed content to my VST folder on OS 64-bit.

Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM

Janusz Grzybek wrote:Hello,
I'd guess that either the download was corrupted
I download it second time, but with this same result.
you are running it from a network drive with something weird going on, _or_ you have registry settings that point the VST plugin path (for 32 bit) to an inaccessible location
I run installer from local HDD, I use custom VST location, but also on local partition. Additionally, issue occurs only with 32-bit installer, while 64-bit installer works OK. Because, you can't reproduce it, so I think this is related to something on my OS and I'll try find it.

I found workaround: I installed TX16Wx 2 RC2 on my VM (Win XP 32-bit on VirtualBox) and next copied installed content to my VST folder on OS 64-bit.

Janusz
Just a note: 32-bit and 64-bit installer will look at different registry entries. Please check what you have in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\VST\VSTPluginPath

This is where the 32-bit installer will look on a 64-bit windows.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

You are right, I should check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\VST\VSTPluginPath key (it had empty value) in registry, while I checked only HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\VST\VSTPluginPath (it has correct path value). After manually editing VSTPluginPath value I successfully installed your great plug-in :) .

Janusz

Janusz Grzybek wrote:You are right, I should check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\VST\VSTPluginPath key (it had empty value) in registry, while I checked only HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\VST\VSTPluginPath (it has correct path value). After manually editing VSTPluginPath value I successfully installed your great plug-in :) .

Janusz
Good to hear, though even if the value was missing, there should be no problem. It should just use a default (c:\program files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins).

Even if the value was "broken", there should really be no problem other that copying might fail due to some external issue. Very weird.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Weird... after your post I made following test:
- I uninstalled TX16Wx
- Removed values from VST keys in registry
- Ran again TX16Wx installer 32-bit and... installer displayed default VST location that is c:\program files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins (as in your post).

Janusz

Return to “CWITEC”