TrackSpacer - First plugin by Wavesfactory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't mind some of the extra features hidden in the current version. Having them all accessible might just add clutter. Maybe a pop-out side-panel that can be minimised, rather than cramming them all on the GUI? However, I do think Attack/Release should be on the main GUI screen though.

I love the simplicity and ease of use with this plugin. Maybe a little more intel on what frequncies are being ducked and by how much, would be beneficial.

And how about some inter-instance connectivity?

I use Trackspacer all the time, but one thing that gets me is why im often using only 1-2% lol. That even can cause a 15-20db reduction at times. I think a more prominent gain reduction readout and a little more space for fine tuning the amount of ducking would be good.

I agree with the simplicity ...all in all, the only feature eventually lacking for me would be a description of the overall frequency bandwidth, so we might have an instant view of the frequencies involved either on compression or out of it (using the hi and low filter)

Agreed with you guys. I appreciate the minimalist vision but in this case it's possibly a bit too minimal. I think a lot of people have had the same complaint (can't easily tell how much gain reduction is happening) so they probably will adress this :)

This, Equalizer and Spectre are top class. One day i'll get their transient plugin on a good sale - if they have one... ;)

i still use FL Studio Sidechaining with the Limiter function, is Trackspacer better in this regard? i remember i set it up with 3-5 instances and it was really cpu hungry... so i didnt further use it anymore.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:33 am i still use FL Studio Sidechaining with the Limiter function, is Trackspacer better in this regard? i remember i set it up with 3-5 instances and it was really cpu hungry... so i didnt further use it anymore.
You cannot compare these two...

Even if many people "abusing" Trackspacer for more or less traditional sidechaining it´s meant to be something different:

A tradional single band compressor like the Fruity Limiter analyzes the incoming SC signal as a whole and applies the loudest volume it finds the the target signal as a whole!

Trackspacer splits the incoming SC signal into (don´t know exactly the number) 32 bands, analyzes the volume of each band seperately and applies the ducking to the exact same bands of the target material just as much as needed for every single band individually...

Example: You have a SC signal which contains 3 frequencies with different volumes:
- 200 Hz with -15db
- 500 Hz with -5db
- 1000 Hz with -20db

When you use the SC signal on a single band compressor like the Fruity Limiter, it will duck the WHOLE target material according to the loudest Volume it finds =
-5db... alltogether

When you use this SC signal in Trackspacer, it will

1. just duck the frequency bands of the target material which are present in the SC signal...
2. it will aplly just the ducking amount on these bands according to what it has analyzed before...

Means:
- the 200 Hz band will be duck just a bit...
- the 500 Hz band will be ducked a lot
- the 1000 Hz band will be ducked even less than the 200 Hz one...

everything else gets through unaffected!!

This results of course in much more transparency of the ducking (the sound remains much "fuller" afterwards) but analyzing 32 bands seperately and actually using a 32 band compressor instead of a single band compressor results in much more CPU cycles needed...

Caine123 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:33 am i still use FL Studio Sidechaining with the Limiter function, is Trackspacer better in this regard? i remember i set it up with 3-5 instances and it was really cpu hungry... so i didnt further use it anymore.
FL user here. Recommend TrackSpacer over any stock solution, though it can be done with Patcher.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:55 am FL user here. Recommend TrackSpacer over any stock solution, though it can be done with Patcher.
But even more CPU hungry... 8)

Still a gem, and for me, still unique in it's potency. Others are trying, but trackspacer still King of all it surveys

wavesfactory wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:30 pm
vitocorleone123 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:58 pm Thanks!

Any chance there can be another round of focus by the development team on CPU optimization? That, and the too-tiny button to toggle the other mode with the attack and release knobs, are my only annoyances.
Trackspacer 3 will have all controls in the main UI. No advanced panel needed.
can you share if there's anything on the horizon yet ?

Return to “Effects”