MUX + Studio One - sidechain?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'd like to send audio from one track in Studio One into an instance of MUX (effect version) on another track. Normally, plugins with multiple inputs expose these as sidechain inputs which can then be selected as a send target. But the MUX instance doesn't appear as a sidechain target.

Does anybody know how to send audio from track to a MUX on another track in Studio One 2.5?

Here's an example: on track 1 there's an instance of Melda's MDynamics. On track 2 I can add a send from that track to the MDynamics instance. The audio is then available as the sidechain input. But as you can see, MUX does not appear in the sidechain list.

Thanks in advance,
Andre

I think it's especially a S1 question. I'm not a S1 expert myself. Did you also post this question in a S1 support forum?

It seems to be not possible atm...

Jo, if I load a fx plugin into S1 V2, which does have multiple inputs, a "sidechain" button appears automatically on the top of the plugin "wrapper"...

Doesn't happen, if I load MUX into it... to me it seems, that MUX only reports the one audio in from the Basic Effect patch and can not change it, if another one is loaded into the deep editor...

But that's necessary to work with sidechaining in S1... perhaps it's better to let it report all available, even if only one is "active" in most presets

Good time to have a new beta... (you know, what I mean )
Last edited by Trancit on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

mutools wrote:I think it's especially a S1 question. I'm not a S1 expert myself. Did you also post this question in a S1 support forum?
No I haven't, but I'll try it there as well.

I suppose the plugin needs to report to the host that it supports external sidechaining. Other plugins do this successfully, so I suppose this is something that has to be done on the plugin side.

Examples of plugins that appear as sidechain destinations in S1:
- all Melda plugins that accept external sidechains
- ArtsAcoustic CL-1
- FXpansion DCAM BusComp+CrossComp and Etch
- Klanghelm DC8C
- KV331 SynthMaster FX
- DNR MixControl Pro

Trancit wrote:Jo, if I load a fx plugin into S1 V2, which does have multiple inputs, a "sidechain" button appears automatically on the top of the plugin "wrapper"...

Doesn't happen, if I load MUX into it... to me it seems, that MUX only reports the one audio in from the Basic Effect patch and can not change it, if another one is loaded into the deep editor...
No, MUX Vst has 2 fixed stereo audio inputs (=4 mono inputs) which are reported to the host. When i load MUX Vst in MuLab they are visible. So i don't know why S1 does not recognize these inputs.

and after some years ... :scared:
s1.gif
this is how it looks when it's working, would be nice if you able to solve it :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Dayum

- The only VSTs I've tried showing this problem in Studio One are MUX and Reaktor 6 FX. I've reported the issue to the PreSonus forum as well.
- The only VST host I have this problem with is Studio One.

While I have the impression that it's "more" a Studio One issue, it should also be fixable on MUX side.

I've taken note about this and will have a look at it when working on MUX 8 VST.

Return to “MUTOOLS”