FR: Better zooming

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please could you look at improving the zooming in the Keyboard Mapper and Wave Editor? As it stands, if I hover the mouse over C4 in the mapper and zoom in all the way without moving the mouse, I end up looking at D2. The only sensible expectation is that the mouse should remain over the same key. Similarly in the wave editor the sample under the mouse should remain under the mouse.

I know it's no fun coding this sort of stuff but I think this is a big usability issue.

IXIX wrote:Please could you look at improving the zooming in the Keyboard Mapper and Wave Editor? As it stands, if I hover the mouse over C4 in the mapper and zoom in all the way without moving the mouse, I end up looking at D2. The only sensible expectation is that the mouse should remain over the same key. Similarly in the wave editor the sample under the mouse should remain under the mouse.

I know it's no fun coding this sort of stuff but I think this is a big usability issue.
I was about to suggest the very same thing. A focused zoom would make the work flow so much better. I'm really liking this sampler a lot so far. Gonna go pro soon. Been wanting a decent alternative to Kontakt for a while now.

Bumpawumpadoopitydoo. If I could have only one improvement to TX16Wx as it stands, it would be better zooming. I could live with anything else but the zoom kills me.

Please, Calle? Pretty please?

Absolutely! After spending more time with this lovely sampler, this issue surfaced more and more for me, too. It would be great to be able to zoom in exactly where I actually wanted to zoom in on, instead of zooming in and then having to use a scrollbar to correct the place where I landed.

And apropos, I just rambled about this in another thread, too (sorry!). In all my years of using audio software, I think the Ableton Live Sampler is the one which gets waveform navigation right. Like I said a moment ago, it's a shame it can be used only in their own DAW :P ... But it's something to learn from, for sure. Being able to zero in on a loooong sample, finding exactly the place where you wanted to go, in a second or two. No scrollbars, no mousewheel, just grab the wave and you're done.

For TX16Wx, I think it would be sufficient if the mousewheel zoom went directly where it's supposed to go (zooming where the cursor is) and maaaaaybe if one could optionally move around in the waveform view without using the scrollbar, simply dragging the wave instead :) ... It's one of those "whoa, it's so intuitive it totally makes sense" realizations. One can always dream, haha.

Before people write to many "ya, mee too":s here. I've finally fixed zooming so it pinpoints exactly where you are etc. Also adding some other enhancements to sample navigation and looping.

I will announce a "new" way of testing/beta releasing stuff soon. Stay tuned.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote:Before people write to many "ya, mee too":s here. I've finally fixed zooming so it pinpoints exactly where you are etc. Also adding some other enhancements to sample navigation and looping.
Rocking!

Thanks a lot :)

elcallio wrote:Before people write to many "ya, mee too":s here. I've finally fixed zooming so it pinpoints exactly where you are etc. Also adding some other enhancements to sample navigation and looping.

I will announce a "new" way of testing/beta releasing stuff soon. Stay tuned.
You so rock. Thanks Calle! :)

Return to “CWITEC”