lkjb Luftikus release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I did a quick test of version 1.2 on Sonar 5 - it looks like switch graphic for mastering is reversed (?) or I didn't understand the purpose of it, that is when it's ON, main knobs are not moving smoothy, but skips to round values.

Touching "analog" button, causes audio dropdown, I have to unload the plugin to be able to turn it back on. It works alright when I load it in MUXvst though - anyone has this problem, or it's my outdated host...?

great new gui

Lovely GUI! :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Hi, does this have proportional Q, fixed or constant?

I think I found a little bug. Either that or VST analyser is screwing with me. :D When the analog emulation is to "off", it seems like 10Hz knob is working on the left channel only. Then you turn the analog emulation on and off and the curves come together for both channels. So if you want to change 10Hz you have to do the trick with turning analog emu on/off after changing it. I use this button a lot for cutting the low rumble, but I also like how analog emu sounds and almost never turn it off, so it's not a real problem for me, only for the "digital purists" who use 10Hz knob and turn off the analog emu.

Beautiful EQ. It seems like you worked on the algo a bit? Not just the great looking GUI. ;) Analog emulation especially?

Regarding GUI, the only little thing that kinda doesn't look right is too small buttons for on/off mastering, analog, gain, when compared to the frequency gain knobs. Great choice of colours. It's just beautiful. :D

Edit: I tested version 1.1.0 and it behaves the same, but version 1.0.0 works properly no matter what I do. So it's an old bug from v1.1.0. It probably has something to do with "added: 6-channel support for 5.1", I think.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Zombie Queen wrote:Touching "analog" button, causes audio dropdown, I have to unload the plugin to be able to turn it back on.
I haven't seen this but I didn't test on Sonar at all. Can't think of any reason why it should lead to dropouts as it only toggles some noise + channel differences when setting gains.
DuX wrote:I think I found a little bug. Either that or VST analyser is screwing with me.
I'm quite sure that is VST plugin analyser which unfortunately doesn't handle multi-channel plugins very well. I've also seen this with the other bands in Luftikus. It seems that the analyser somehow doesn't track the additional channels from time to time.

What a beautiful GUI!

Thank you lkjb for clearing it up. It did seem like a VST analyser's fault. ;) I was thinking that it might not handle multichannel plugins very gracefully. And it doesn't.

and thank you SO MUCH for this bandaxall EQ that could be a staple EQ in any console. Much appreciated, mate. And your PitchedDelay. ;) It's a masterpiece. Honestly.

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DELETED

Firstly great plugin, also really like the new GUI!!!

Unfortunately it keeps stopping the audio engine in Sonar, the previous version was fine but having installed it twice it still stops working.

Any help would be appreciated.

sounding fabulous. it is like 1176 in EQ form, really in your face EQ

Zombie Queen wrote:I did a quick test of version 1.2 on Sonar 5 - it looks like switch graphic for mastering is reversed (?) or I didn't understand the purpose of it, that is when it's ON, main knobs are not moving smoothy, but skips to round values.
I forgot to reply to this in my last post. The mastering mode uses "stepped" controls (which is often seen in mastering equipment) and a better "Analog" behavior.
crowned one wrote:Unfortunately it keeps stopping the audio engine in Sonar, the previous version was fine but having installed it twice it still stops working.
Which version of Sonar? I just tried the X2 trial were it seems to work as expected.

I am using X2a, when I increase any of the gain knobs there is an audio dropout. I have tried it on both my laptop and home studio setup with the same results. Thanks for looking into this!

i'm pleased to hear, that you like the gui. sorry for the long wait, i had forgotten this for a while :/

i experimented in the last days a lot with it on some different sounds, this thing makes me really quickly come to a good result in a mixing process!
i like eq's the longer the more, who have not to many options, but the present are well placed. and here it is!

ies gud gud!

Nice GUI indeed, i'm off to try it !

Return to “Effects”