Writing automation with Mautovolume?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm really loving what this plugin can do! But I can't seem to make it write automation in my DAW (in order for me to being able to manually fine tune the changes made by the plugin).
Can anyone give me an absolute fool proof guide on how to do that?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

ok, so, first of all - it's best if you do not use the, it has a direct impact on audio quality and speed of response. But if you really do:
1) Setup your parameters somehow.
2) Enable auto write in your host (it depends on your host) and also enable automation write in the plugin (buttons in the bottom).
3) Play the song, you should see the automation writing in most hosts.
4) Then disable automation write and enable automation read in both your host and the plugin.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Hi,

ok, so, first of all - it's best if you do not use the, it has a direct impact on audio quality and speed of response. But if you really do:
1) Setup your parameters somehow.
2) Enable auto write in your host (it depends on your host) and also enable automation write in the plugin (buttons in the bottom).
3) Play the song, you should see the automation writing in most hosts.
4) Then disable automation write and enable automation read in both your host and the plugin.
I am thinking of buying this product over Vocal Rider, both of which write automation, so I found this thread, but Melda's response is a bit cryptic: "...it's best if you do not use the, it has..." *the* what? The automation write? and then... "but if you really do..." Is writing automation adversely impacting audio quality and speed of response (???). That'd be a bummer. The message isn't clear though; Melda, please advise.

The reason is simple - the automation accuracy is not fast enough. When you leave the plugin do it's job (and for example automate the track volume), it's response may be faster and more accurate. Automation was added here because people asked for it as Vocal Rider has it, but personally I just don't think it's a very good idea and I'm not going to fool you about it.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks for clarifying.

Hi, I think this plugin is really great, so I've just bought it with MixingBundle (bundle is now cheaper than Vocal Rider, so I wanted to give you more money for your great work).

I understand that automation is not the your priority, and I agree that the plugin works great without it, but the problem is sometimes I'd like to add some punch here and there, so I'd like to edit the gain automation.

Writing an automation works great with AU in Logic Pro X and Ableton Live, but the VST just doesn't write anything in Live.

Can you please take a look?

EDIT: I have to press the "Configure" button in Ableton plugin "window" for it to work, so it's not that it's not working at all, just not obvious. "Sidechain gain" doesn't show in available automations before I press Configure. I guess there's some VST property that exposes all the parameters available for automation. Thanks.

Thank you!

Automation in Live is quite a mystery to me really, one usually needs to click lots of stuff, before anything starts happening. I suggest asking Ableton about it, though from what I know "Live is not their priority right now".
Vojtech

Hello there,

Is there an automation section for the AAX version? I see it on the instructional video, but I can't see it on my Pro Tools 12.

Any plans to make it available?

Thanks in advance

This feature doesn't exist because of technical reasons anymore in this plugin. The video should be deleted or have to be recaptured.

Are there plans to bring it back in a faster, functional manner?

If automation in Waves Vocal Rider works well,* it'd be nice if we could see that in MautoVolume also.

* (I assume automation in Waves Vocal Rider works well, from what I've read, but I don't own it.)

Thx -

...this has been discussed, sometimes at length, in the past around here...and the general consensus has been that writing gain automation doesn't really work that well...looks like it should and the demos all look pretty convincing, but out on the street "not so much"...I don't recall the first plugin I tried, then waves, and finally MAV...which IIRC had that feature at the time...they all SUCKED imho :evil:, 'cause I ended up spending more time "cleaning up" than if I had done the work by hand in the first place :dog:...I think waves has a trial available, as do others, give them a try and let us know how it goes :D ...hth.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

MeldaProduction wrote:The reason is simple - the automation accuracy is not fast enough. When you leave the plugin do it's job (and for example automate the track volume), it's response may be faster and more accurate. Automation was added here because people asked for it as Vocal Rider has it, but personally I just don't think it's a very good idea and I'm not going to fool you about it.

pumafred wrote:
MeldaProduction wrote:The reason is simple - the automation accuracy is not fast enough. When you leave the plugin do it's job (and for example automate the track volume), it's response may be faster and more accurate. Automation was added here because people asked for it as Vocal Rider has it, but personally I just don't think it's a very good idea and I'm not going to fool you about it.
I remember reading this or something similar a while back, understanding it applied to MautoVolume, but not sure if it also applied to automation in Waves Vocal Rider.

I guess no one here has used or demoed the latter? Comments elsewhere are often quite positive about the automation in Waves Vocal Rider, but I'd value comments from folks here a little more.

alexis1 wrote:
pumafred wrote:
I remember reading this or something similar a while back, understanding it applied to MautoVolume, but not sure if it also applied to automation in Waves Vocal Rider.

I guess no one here has used or demoed the latter? Comments elsewhere are often quite positive about the automation in Waves Vocal Rider, but I'd value comments from folks here a little more.
Nice question. Unfortunately i have not used vocal rider. But guess it work differently in different host depending on how they handle the automation.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

alexis1 wrote:I guess no one here has used or demoed the latter? Comments elsewhere are often quite positive about the automation in Waves Vocal Rider, but I'd value comments from folks here a little more.
Of course many of us have used it and/or demoed it. You should demo it too, and tell us your impressions.

Return to “MeldaProduction”