Control change disappearing

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to use my foot controller in Cantabile and come across something really puzzling which I'm hoping will be easy to work around.

I've got a simple project - it's just a rack with a VST synth in it, all played from my (external) MIDI controller. Everything works fine.
I can assign my foot controller to control the gain on the rack: it picks the CC signals and will learn and assign it.

OK so far :-)

I delete the control assignment.
I add a MIDI routing from Any input into my rack - no filters, no transpose, nothing - just a straight routing.
If I then try to assign the foot control to the gain, nothing gets picked up, and it can't be assigned. The MIDI lights on the status bar show they're getting messages, but the CCs are going missing.

So, where are my CCs going?!
Do I have to do something to the routing to get them to be passed onto the rack?
Why does it work with no routing?!

THANKS!
Dafad.

I've solved this, but it's a bit weird...

It looks like the CCs don't get passed to a rack via a MIDI routing. The notes go, but the CCs just disappear (there are no filters or anything on).

I managed to get it to work by:
- changing the rack to have an input of None
- set the routing Pass Through ON

Not quite sure how this will work with multiple routings though (because pass through has to be on for all of them)...

There you go,
Dafad.

Return to “Topten Software”