Satin - Beta

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

analoguesamples909 wrote:oh no not more work!!!
I had it already implemented, kind-of. It's more some 'reality check' and tweaking. It'll be worth it. 'Airy vocals', as a hint... ;)
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Will Satin be useful for people that only use VSTi, is it more for people that do recordings?

Code: Select all

I had it already implemented, kind-of. It's more some 'reality check' and tweaking. It'll be worth it. 'Airy vocals', as a hint..
I hope your new arrived Dolby A unit is in a good condition. :D

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Will Satin be useful for people that only use VSTi, is it more for people that do recordings?
As you want it.
[Haha, what an answer... we should do politics :D]

It's a virtual tape device, so one use case is perhaps adding subtlety and 'glue' (for want of a better word). Of course, tape machines were designed to be discreet and transparent, nobody was keen on distortion and colour back in the days. But tapes still 'sounded', if ever so subtle. That's exactly what Satin does, and it does that regardless of musical style or instrumentation.
But in the modes other than 'Studio', it's also an effect box that you can twist to your heart's content.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

^ Ok, thanks Sascha! I'm not sure I really need it (but the GUI look so nice!), I'll try the demo when it's ready.

xx JPRacer xx wrote:^ Ok, thanks Sascha! I'm not sure I really need it (but the GUI look so nice!), I'll try the demo when it's ready.
Yes, wait for the demo. It might be like every time when you're sure you don't reallly need it (girls, ice cream, coffee...) but fail to live without. :D
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board

^ Oh man, I can't live without ice cream! :)

If ths audio engine is finalized, why don't you get some sound demos up already?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:If ths audio engine is finalized, why don't you get some sound demos up already?
That would be a distrction. If we want to make it till September 2nd, we'll have to fully concentrate on essential things.

For instance, I just rolled support for Truetype fonts into our framework, and Sascha has to rework all text labels on the gui. The result will be a much better look and ergonomics. We probably have a list of two dozen things to do even if the actual tape code isn't touched :oops:

xx JPRacer xx wrote:^ Oh man, I can't live without ice cream! :)
:lol:

Let the values be displayed on the In and Out Knobs.

xx JPRacer xx wrote:^ Oh man, I can't live without ice cream! :)
"Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos."
Donald Franklin Kardong

Perhaps U-He could amend this concept: Without Satin, there is not enough darkness or chaos.

electro wrote:Let the values be displayed on the In and Out Knobs.
All values are shown in the upper display panel. BTW, this is common for many u-he plugins, so quite a few people should already be familiar with that workflow.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board

I thought with the size of the I/O knobs it would be a good idea to have those two values on permanent display while the upper display panel could be used to show values for everything else.

Return to “u-he”