Request for a random robin functionality

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for a straightforward sampler which I can use for creating realistic layered drums. I started playing around with the Twx... something, and after a bit I actually managed to figure out how to create a group of samples at a certain velocity range and make them trigger randomly (phew!).

Now one important thing that seems to be missing is some kind of round robin functionality. I guess the sequencers could be used to create something like that? but I don't want to make things any more complicated. What I'd really like to have is a random robin functionality that doesn't allow the same sample to be triggered twice in a row.

In addition to that, maybe let the user specify a minimum number of times other samples have to be triggered before the first one can trigger again? I'm not quite sure how this could be done with the current matrix format though. Maybe a "random robin" fuction in the drop down menu, with an additional field to specify the "retrigger interval" (*1) of the same sample (the maximum of which would be the number of samples in the current row/column-1).

*1: number of samples that have to be triggered before the same sample can retrigger

Hopefully this was at least a somewhat understandable representation of my feature request. Cheers! :D

Both the matrix (Pro version) and the key-switcher have round robin + random ability. There are no options to set "number of triggers", but to be quite frank, you have a plethora of other means to choose from so I think you will be satisfied.

Check the manual for an explanation on how both features work. But as for RR, the key switcher lets you set an interval length, and a position for group triggering. So if you have 6 groups you want to RR, select all, assign a key switcher, set seq:length to 6, and for each of the groups, a position 1, 2, 3, ... etc. They will now play RR.
The matrix will iterate both columns and rows in a RR fashion if no other source is set.

Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Looks like the solution was even easier than I thought: if I only random one axis, the other has an automatic round-robin applied to it. Cool. =)

Edit: Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah maybe I should've started with RTFM in the first place, I just couldn't find it (I installed the software quite some time ago). I'll check the installer again. Cheers.

Return to “CWITEC”