Mac version only 64 bit??

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

I installed the VSTi on 10.6.8 for use in Cubase 6.06 and it didn't show up in the instrument list...

Looking at the other thread about the new 2.2 it appears to be only 64bit on Mac :(

Is there going to be a 32 bit version???

I've been waiting ages for this on Mac.
I have 25 machines under my direction at the college where I teach. 11 PC's and 13 Dual core iMacs.....I've been using it on the PC's where I teach and have been forced to use UVI on the Macs.

Any news would be appreciated :)

sox
bobby "sox" demers
"Trust me, I'm a professional"

There will most likely never be a 32-bit VST version for Mac. Simply because:
a.) 32-bit MacOSX is being phased out
b.) 32-bit VST requires carbon UI, which again, is being phased out, and I simply don't have the resources or inclination to support it.

That being said, 32-bit VSTi TX16Wx can run fine in for example REAPER, which supports Cocoa UI through extensions, and some (older?) hosts, where using the HiCocoaView framework works (it does not if the host itself is Cocoa).
_But_ because I don't want loads of support cases of "my 32-bit VSTi does not work in this host that is clearly labeled incompatible", I decided to simply not ship the VSTi 32 bit version.

If you are stuck with 32-bit hosts in a Mac environment, you can always use the AU version.

I also read that you are trying this on OSX 10.6. The minimum OSX version is 10.8. While it might work on some older machines, it most likely will not. Again, blame apple for not making it possible to build backwards compatible software using the latest toolsets.

Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”