How to install Tracktion T4 in 64 bit mode

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am still new here so tell me if I am posting in the wrong place.

I installed the latest version of T4.3.2 yesterday and when I opened it up I saw that it is installed as 32-bit. I did not notice an option for 64-bit during installation.

I think I want to install T4 as 64-bit but I was wondering if most 3rd party plugins etc. are 32 bit or does it matter? Things change so fast.

If I am encouraged to install as 64-bit by your replies, how do I select for 64-bits during installation?

I haven't set up a profile yet but my workstation has an i7 3770K, an ssd and 16 gigs of ram with win7 64-bit o/s.

Also I saw the post regarding the T3 Final Mix possibility in T4. I still have my T3 install discs and I'd like to get Final Mix installed if anyone can discover how to make it work in T4.

That is an item that is very important to me.(all of that capability in one place - it worked so well for me in T3) and I'd keep the 32-bit T4 installation if FinalMix is only available in 32-bit format.

I am really enjoying reading the Tracktion posts. A lot of good energy here.

Keep doing your excellent resurrection Jules. I was one of the diehards that never stopped using Tracktion.

regards,

theoldguy
It is time to come together in the middle of the road.

Hi
As far as I'm aware T3 Makie plugs are 32 bit only,
I have them working ok in T4 32bit :D

theoldguy wrote:I am still new here so tell me if I am posting in the wrong place.

I installed the latest version of T4.3.2 yesterday and when I opened it up I saw that it is installed as 32-bit. I did not notice an option for 64-bit during installation.

I think I want to install T4 as 64-bit but I was wondering if most 3rd party plugins etc. are 32 bit or does it matter? Things change so fast.

If I am encouraged to install as 64-bit by your replies, how do I select for 64-bits during installation?

I haven't set up a profile yet but my workstation has an i7 3770K, an ssd and 16 gigs of ram with win7 64-bit o/s.

Also I saw the post regarding the T3 Final Mix possibility in T4. I still have my T3 install discs and I'd like to get Final Mix installed if anyone can discover how to make it work in T4.

That is an item that is very important to me.(all of that capability in one place - it worked so well for me in T3) and I'd keep the 32-bit T4 installation if FinalMix is only available in 32-bit format.

Keep doing your excellent resurrection Jules. I was one of the diehards that never stopped using Tracktion.

regards,

theoldguy
If your experience is anything like mine, Tracktion is probably installing *both* the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version automatically, but it's putting both executables in the same directory in the Program Files (x86) area, where you'd expect to find only 32-bit stuff, instead of putting the 64-bit version in the 64-bit area and the 32-bit version in the 32-bit area. At least, that's what happened with my install. I just vreated separate desktop shortcuts for the two .exe files, so I can start T4 in either 32 bits or 64.

All of the T3 plugins are 32 bits AFAIK. To use them, you could run T4 in 32 bits, but IIRC (and I'm open to correction on this) that means you wouldn't be able to use all your RAM. Which would be a shame. Alternatively, though I have not tried this yet, there's something called JBridge, which is reputed to allow you to use 32-bit plugins in a 64-bit DAW and vice versa.

http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/
Win10 Pro 64, Clevo P750DM3, i7-7700, 32GB, nVidia GTX1060, 500GB/500GB/1TB SSD, PreSonus Quantum 2 Thunderbolt, Waveform 10

theoldguy wrote:I am still new here so tell me if I am posting in the wrong place.

regards,

theoldguy
If you just install Tracktion 4, you'll find in your start menu a folder called "Tracktion 4", and in there two shortcuts, one to "Tracktion (32 bit)" and the other to "Tracktion (64 bit)".

You don't need to do anything special to install the 32 or 64 bit version of Tracktion, both will install on Windows, and you can run whichever you want.

Final Mix only works in the 32 bit version of T4, from what I understand, although I've not tried this myself.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Thanks for clueing me in (and quickly too)

Saves me time on both issues. I really didn't want to uninstall and knowing that the T3 plugins will work is a great relief.

Regards,

theoldguy

terrynoakes wrote:Hi
As far as I'm aware T3 Makie plugs are 32 bit only,
I have them working ok in T4 32bit :D

Hello

Spent the best part of this evening looking for my T3 discs and at 3:30 AM I finally found them.

Could you tell me how you installed the T3 plugs?

Did you just use the second disc to install the plugs or did you have to install T3 along with it? I think I read a post saying that someone had installed T3 and T4 on the same machine and they had not had any problems with that but on general principles I'd rather not install T3 if it isn't necessary.

Regards,

theoldguy

Hi,
I did online up grades to T3 so didn't have disc's.
this is just a guess, explore disc to find folder with Mackie plugs including presets etc and copy and paste to this location on your computer:

Local disk (c)Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Tracktion 3/VST Plugins/Mackie Plug-ins then point T4 to the Location.

If you haven't Had T3 installed you might have to add the folders.

quote From Woody I think: some vst cannot "see" folders or perform their temporary file placement duties outside the app data folder.

Having said all that, it might just be easier to install T3 to get every thing where it should be,and then un-install T3.
I'm nearly a 100% sure the app data folder does not get removed.
Perhaps some one else could confirm or refute this
I think T1,2,3& T4 can live on the computer with out any problems Though.

hope this is of some help

Do I understand correctly that T3 licenses are no longer available? Can I install T3 and the plugs without the license?

I believe I'll try the "copy the folder approach and see if it works 'cause I didn't really want to install T3 if I didn't have to.

I installed T4 on a new machine so I don't have any T3 files to copy from but now that I think about it I can probably find them on a workstation I haven't used in a over year.

Thanks again for your assistance and BTW I followed the link from one of the suggestions provided and installed Jbridge yesterday to have it on hand if it should be needed.

Regards,

theoldguy

T3 cannot be unlocked any more,however you could still install as demo mode,and as I said before, pretty sure the Mackie plugin folder stays put after you un-install T3.

Depending on what you require I could e-mail you the dll's and presets.

Personally I think the Final Mix / Mono and Stereo channel strips are worth having, the reverb, compressors and the rest can easily be substituted by freebe's off the net.

good luck

Return to “Tracktion”