So when are Diva 1.3 and Satin coming out ?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ddeez
KVRian
Topic Starter
736 posts since 20 Sep, 2006

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:34 pm

I was looking thru the forum and couldnt find an answer.

Thanks!

Luftrum
KVRAF
1861 posts since 3 Jul, 2007 from Denmark

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:08 pm

ddeez wrote:I was looking thru the forum and couldnt find an answer.

Thanks!
Urs started a Roadmap changes thread with the release estimates here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 37&start=0
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Bioscape - Field recordings merge together in a sonic kaleidoscope of found sound cinematics...

Urs
u-he
26943 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:53 am

The answer is: Coming soon.

We're not deliberately stalling any of this, we're just reacting on user input and circumstance (e.g. slowed down work on AAX support due to the failure of PACE server migration)

longbongsilver
KVRist
256 posts since 3 Aug, 2005

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Urs wrote:(e.g. slowed down work on AAX support due to the failure of PACE server migration)
I just looked that up. AAX requiring signing by PACE is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. How damn fragile is Pro Tools??

Thanks for the update, Urs.

Urs
u-he

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:00 pm

longbongsilver wrote:
Urs wrote:(e.g. slowed down work on AAX support due to the failure of PACE server migration)
I just looked that up. AAX requiring signing by PACE is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.
Tell me about it. We're signing our stuff with free (well, almost) certificates from Apple and we're happy to sign it with free certificates from Microsoft. That would do the trick just fine without any need to support something we don't trust.

I won't go into detail, but we've voiced our opinion strongly.

Tony Ostinato
KVRian
1477 posts since 14 Jun, 2003

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:54 pm

i wonder if theres more lawyers or programmers behind avid production toolkit.

i wonder which get paid more.

anyways i gotta say i thought i cured myself of update lust, but noo000ooo, f'n diva has me checking like a 5 year old.

Dominus
KVRAF
1909 posts since 15 Sep, 2003 from Land of Crazies, USA

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:40 pm

Urs wrote:
longbongsilver wrote:
I just looked that up. AAX requiring signing by PACE is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.
Tell me about it. We're signing our stuff with free (well, almost) certificates from Apple and we're happy to sign it with free certificates from Microsoft. That would do the trick just fine without any need to support something we don't trust.

I won't go into detail, but we've voiced our opinion strongly.
My opinion would be to tell Avid to "GFY". No VST wrapper, and extra hoops for the third party developers for plugins? It's time for people to stand up to them. I laugh every time I pull up their stock report. :D
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Urs
u-he

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:12 pm

I don't care much about Avid's politics. Dealing with their people has always been thoroughly nice and professional. Their service to developers is unparalleled.

That said, RTAS was a nuissance, but AAX is a true eye opener when it comes to plugin formats. Clemens and I were able to port Podolski to AAX Mac in about 3 days work. It's simple, it's streamlined and it seems to just work. Unlike AU or VST3, it comes with a working step-by-step guide. We had to interrupt our work when the tools we bought from PACE hadn't been provided - they arrived basically on the day their server went nuts, so AAX dropped down to the bottom of the list. It's pretty much back up on top though.

Dominus
KVRAF
1909 posts since 15 Sep, 2003 from Land of Crazies, USA

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:35 am

Urs wrote:I don't care much about Avid's politics.
I still think there's a huge line between their video and audio divisions, and what they did with M-Audio was ridiculous. They also haven't figured out that high end hardware is a dying game.

I used PT from versions 6-9 (although I skipped 8.) When 10 was announced with no x64 support, that was the last straw. Pro Tools to me was always kludgy and bloated and slow. I sold PT 9 off and decided to not deal with them anymore. Then Pace had the iLok fiasco and I decided that I won't be updating any of my iLok plugins either. While I had some sympathy for all the people that lost the ability to work during that period, I won't feel bad for them the next time it happens.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Urs
u-he

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:45 am

Well, as it turned out, we only had 30 days to download the PACE signing tools. Because of the iLokalypse (great word!) we missed that deadline - we weren't told that there was any deadline. So we've paid for everything, but we can't do anything until they sort it out for us.

So we've basically decided to continue without immediate AAX support.

33tetragammon
KVRist
235 posts since 22 Aug, 2010 from Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:28 am

Urs wrote: iLokalypse
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

AWESOME !!!!!

Urs
u-he

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:48 am

33tetragammon wrote:
Urs wrote: iLokalypse
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

AWESOME !!!!!
Yeah, got that from Dominus' signature :lol: :lol: :lol:

abique
KVRian
809 posts since 26 May, 2013 from France, Sisteron

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:14 am

Dominus wrote:My opinion would be to tell Avid to "GFY". No VST wrapper, and extra hoops for the third party developers for plugins? It's time for people to stand up to them. I laugh every time I pull up their stock report. :D
Maybe start to use/improve free plugin format is the right thing to do :roll:

egbert
KVRAF
4215 posts since 21 Oct, 2001 from my bolthole in the south pacific

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:47 am

Dominus wrote:
Urs wrote:I don't care much about Avid's politics.
I still think there's a huge line between their video and audio divisions, and what they did with M-Audio was ridiculous.
Then there was their purchase and subsequent wrecking of Sibelius. Biznis Bozos - not musicians.

medienhexer
KVRian
1079 posts since 16 May, 2007 from At home. Good bye city ways!

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:05 am

Urs wrote:Well, as it turned out, we only had 30 days to download the PACE signing tools. Because of the iLokalypse (great word!) we missed that deadline - we weren't told that there was any deadline. So we've paid for everything, but we can't do anything until they sort it out for us.

So we've basically decided to continue without immediate AAX support.
Seriously? They give you 30 days to grab your stuff and run? As a paying customer? Because after 30 days it inevitably becomes clear that you sent them your money just for giggles?

Wow, Urs, thumbs up for your patience. Why do they have to force you to sign your plug-ins in the first place? I'm not sure I got that argument. I hope that supporting AAX will pay off for you in the end, but... What a mess!

So, back to looking forward and being excited :)
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Return to “u-he”