Luxonix Purity reduced to $49.00!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Purity

fluffy_little_something wrote:I guess there are very few women on KVR as well. They are cleverer, they spend their time on what really matters.
There I have my serious doubts about the claim that women were spending their time on what really matters -- but I don't want to take this thread to HPC, so I store the shoe collections elsewhere away... :wink:

I just bought Purity!

Stay tuned. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

for more gushing? Hehe don't mind me :razz:

I love seeing such enthusiasm for something actually

Subtotal: EUR 40.44
[Info] plus 19% sales tax/VAT: EUR 7.68
Total amount: EUR 48.12 (64.16 US Dollar)

Update 18-09-2013: Euro pricing to be reviewed by Luxonix
Last edited by Aloysius on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

HaganeSteel wrote:I just bought Purity!

Stay tuned. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Now you can kick your GM soundsets in the bin and make real Gangnam Style... :lol:

Holy shit.

This thing is @#$%ing amazing!

I don't know how to describe it because this thing sounds good across the board.

I'm *floored* because I was expecting this to basically be Ravity with a new synth engine.

It's not.

Picture your favorite rompler from the 90's, right?

I guarantee you this sounds better.

I would say this sounds better than any unexpanded 90's rompler I've ever heard - and about on par with my expanded Roland.

It has tremolo strings that are actually decent. :shock:

It's like a Korg Trinity and Emu Proteus 2000 collided.

Like, I can't put into words how good and consistent it sounds, and how few/no errors are in the samples.

Okay, let me try to explain this. :o

This is basically Ravity with what sounds like a new engine, updated presets, and new samples. When you go to select a waveform, you can choose from GM or GM rhythm - all of which are newly sampled and sound really good - any sound that was bad in Ravity is good here, and any sound that's bad here probably has a good Ravity counterpart, like the harpsichord and vibraphone - or you can choose from the Ravity samples.

It has tablas!

And they are tuned!

:wheee: :wheee: :wheee:

Expect more gushing.

Playing around with the demo really doesn't do this thing justice either, but if Luxonix puts that demo back up, check out the Motive presets first.

HaganeSteel wrote: When you go to select a waveform, you can choose from GM or GM rhythm -
You can also select from a BUNCH of other waveforms as well....including standard synth Saw Pulse etc. Which also makes Purity a 16 oscillator 32 waveform VA synth each layer with it's own Filter, Arp and Effects. Then there is the built in Sequencer, Drum Machine etc........

As you can see the GM samples are only a part of the the total content:

Looking at Purity as just a GM Rompler is really not doing it justice and totally missing the point of it's real power.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

That's what I said.

You can select the GM waveforms, which are new, or you can select the older Ravity waveforms.

Most of what's under the GM Normal/Rhythm section is just old content from Ravity (S)/(R).

I just wanted to make it clear to potential buyers that there is much more than GM content to choose from as not everyone shares your enthusiasm for the GM spec.....:)

Anyway the fact that Luxonix has left some space for additional expansions and are now creating new sample content for Kontakt leaves at least a little hope that Purity's sample set will grow at some point:

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I hope so.

If they make expansions for this thing, it'll be even better.

I am so floored by how good it sounds.

It sounds like Ravity, but everything I didn't like about Ravity has been improved, including the sound of many of the presets. The reverb and chorus is much better programmed here.

Sometimes sounds have this stereo imaging thing that I find annoying, but that's easily removed.

This company needs more attention because this is a synth that everyone can benefit from.

Two people can use this thing and both use it in entirely different ways.

That sequencer is legit too - incredibly powerful. You could conceivably compose entire songs in just Purity, and that's weird to me, but extremely cool.

But what really gets me is how well it's been sampled, and how clean it is.

Purity is using very short samples and looping them - and you can tell - but there aren't any problems with any of these samples! The loop points are barely noticeable, I'm not noticing any aliasing or harshness, or anything.

Some of the sounds click, and you need to set the attack envelope up a tiny bit to 0.001 seconds, but that's as far as it goes.

Holding Shift does let you tweak knobs in increments of 1 too.

So far, the only sound that outright sucks is the sitar, but it's still actually usable because of how clean it sounds. I can probably make a decent sounding sitar out of this thing myself.

Yes, I do use GM sitars in my music. :nutter:

Edit #3: Disregard what I said, I'm an idiot. :dog:

The sequencer only gives you 4 measures to work with.

But it's very interesting, and still does remind me a little of the Korg Karma, although I've never actually used one.

Tricky-Loops wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I guess there are very few women on KVR as well. They are cleverer, they spend their time on what really matters.
There I have my serious doubts about the claim that women were spending their time on what really matters -- but I don't want to take this thread to HPC, so I store the shoe collections elsewhere away... :wink:
I must be completely foolish, then! I'd rather, as a lady, be spending my time on creativity than shoes! :)

I love the sequencer on this thing, don't you? And it has all the LFX-1310 FX... :D

O, Purity, O, Purity.

First, I just want to say that Sky Cha is the best customer support person ever.

That guy deserves a medal.

Second, if you've noticed, I've been very silent today about Purity. That's because I ran into two pretty crippling bugs.

One bug consisted of clicks and pops in every single sound.

The other bug is one I've been fighting since Purity was released (but I had forgotten about it until I encountered it again), and it's that the first drum notes get muted when you click "Play" in your sequencer.

I solved both problems tonight: http://luxonix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=134

In short, restoring the factory settings removes the clicking. Reinstalling Purity does NOT. You have to open Purity and restore the default settings from there.

For the drum sounds, clicking the "HOLD" button for every drum sample you're using resolves the issue of muted drum sounds at the start of a song.

I don't know what the Hold button actually does, though.

I guess this is par for the course for software.

The M1 VST gives me some trouble too, and I have to restore its default settings or reinstall it on occasion.

As for preserving your user sounds... I still haven't figured that out yet.

So Purity is once again working - and it's working better than ever for me - and I just hope those fixes help someone else who may be having the same problems.

Also, I have been talking with Sky Cha over email, and he told me that there won't be a 64 bit version of Purity.

I am still going to review the hell out of this software.

Despite it being broken earlier, I still made a song with it.

Ain't nothin' gon' get me down. :x :lol:

Just got my license :) Downloading...

I hope I won't have those problems :P

This looks like a no-brainer at that price. Does anybody know if this will run on my Receptor VIP?

listened to the demos, not impressed at all. Not sure what people are hearing. Is it just that it loads fast?

Return to “Instruments”