Mac beta availble soon
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:unfortunately i'm on mac mac mac
macbeta macbeta macbeta
:lol:

Mac beta availble soon
Hey that say it three times thing worked!

Lotterywin4me Lotterywin4me Lotterywin4me

aMUSEd wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:unfortunately i'm on mac mac mac
macbeta macbeta macbeta
:lol:

Mac beta availble soon
Hey that say it three times thing worked!

Lotterywin4me Lotterywin4me Lotterywin4me
i guess, you haven't even played ... :hihi:
"It dreamed itself along"

thanks for the info varikus and layzer. already downloaded and will try it in the evening. i'm an absolute linplug fan so definitely a must buy for me.
cheers

So, to the ones you tried it: this synth is called 'Spectral'. Why, cause it's FFT based? What type of synthesis it is?

What an great synth. So many options...possibilities...great and massive sound...modulations...low cpu!!!! Excellent work by Linplug, respect!

EDIT:

Is this bug: when I hold chord and play with pitch of osc (cents, semis) it doesn't update the sound, when I play chord again, it plays is as it should? So, that means, if you want to hear difference, you need to repeat chord. Weird.

Also, not fan of the reverb fx on it but I would never used it, so I don't actually care about it. :P
Last edited by HcDoom on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lots of tabs, judging from the user interface.
They could have used the drawing thingy for the envelopes as well :)
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neon Breath wrote:So, to the ones you tried it: this synth is called 'Spectral'. Why, cause it's FFT based? What type of synthesis it is?
It can do subtractive and FM style synthesis, but the core of it is additive. (Once you get into it, it is one deep rabbit hole, though :o )

Note to developer: Make GUI a little less like Razor ;)

bstageboss wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:So, to the ones you tried it: this synth is called 'Spectral'. Why, cause it's FFT based? What type of synthesis it is?
It can do subtractive and FM style synthesis, but the core of it is additive. (Once you get into it, it is one deep rabbit hole, though :o )
Hmm ok thanks. I still don't get why they call it 'Spectral' if it's not a spectral synthesis / FFT synth. Should simply be called ''Additive'' if it's an additive synthesis synth then! But whatever, I'm a geek playing with concepts and words here… :P

Does anybody know how to route all oscillators to the same filter? There is an option (on the backside) to link GEn, filters and envelopes, but it doesn't work.
Last edited by Igro on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neon Breath wrote:Hmm ok thanks. I still don't get why they call it 'Spectral' if it's not a spectral synthesis / FFT synth. Should simply be called ''Additive'' if it's an additive synthesis synth then! But whatever, I'm a geek playing with concepts and words here… :P
In the big battle of spectral synths, I think Linplug Spectral will have an easy match against Sonivox Twist at least :D

I think it's called that because you have access to the spectral view of the oscillator waveform, and you can design your own spectrum, which the synth then calculates the waveform for. Sort of an inverse FFT, if you will. :)

Igro wrote:Does anybody know how to route all oscillators to the same filter?
There's no direct way (that I've figured out), but the copy/paste utility should let you match the settings between filters and even the filter envelopes.

Return to “Instruments”