Spire VS z3ta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Spire Sylenth1 Z3TA+

When Spire will implement custom wavefiles import for the oscs, it will be a more serious contender to Z3ta. But still, the waveshaping alone makes Z3ta one of the most powerfull synth I ever saw.
They sound different and it is nice, complement each others nicely in a mix. They both have their own character.
You can recreate the vintage saws by mixing wavetables with saw/pulse in Spire. It is more the uber complex waveforms I'm missing in Spire, hope they will implement this feature soon !

Go for Spire. Zeta is just lower league when it comes to sound quality. Not to mentione Spire is the synth that actually does capture virus ti character (if you are looking for that ofcourse).

People comparing z3ta to virus and saying how much similar it sounds, buy f*king virus ti and then talk. Its becoming crazy.
Last edited by Elektronisch on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

themachinelt wrote:Go for Spire. Zeta is just lower league when it comes to sound quality. Not to mentione Spire is the synth that actually does capture virus ti character (if you are looking for that ofcourse).

People comparing z3ta to virus, buy f*king virus ti and then talk. Its becoming crazy.
Do you have a Virus?
You are currently reading my signature.

themachinelt wrote: Zeta is just lower league when it comes to sound quality
That's a f*king ridiculous statement...... :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

djanthonyw wrote:
themachinelt wrote:Go for Spire. Zeta is just lower league when it comes to sound quality. Not to mentione Spire is the synth that actually does capture virus ti character (if you are looking for that ofcourse).

People comparing z3ta to virus, buy f*king virus ti and then talk. Its becoming crazy.
Do you have a Virus?
yes. Although i was specifying this to people who actually saying how similar Z3ta is by the sound.

This thread is the perfect example of subjectiveness. Screams for a "Keep the plugin whose sound you like more" solution. :) What does it matter which is closer to a Virus anyway. It's all different synths.

Teksonik wrote:
But its not and you know it. Z3ta was top notch sounding synth at its age when vsts werent sounding so good yet. Even with oversampling Z3ta sounds average at best now when you compare to its competitors :)

themachinelt wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:

Do you have a Virus?
yes. Although i was specifying this to people who actually saying how similar Z3ta is by the sound.
Well, I am one of them. I've owned mutiple Virus synths on different occassions and know what they sound like too. I would love to hear a side by side example of a Virus and Spire, or an A B C example of a Virus, Spire and z3ta. I know what all of them sound like, but would love to hear an example from you. Please keep in mind that I am talking about running z3ta in high quality mode.
Last edited by djanthonyw on Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

themachinelt wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
But its not and you know it. Z3ta was top notch sounding synth at its age when vsts werent sounding so good yet. Even with oversampling Z3ta sounds average at best now when you compare to its competitors :)
I know your statement is ridiculous. Zeta+2's sound quality is outstanding.....then...now...and in the future.....it's most definitely not "lower league".

For the record I could not possibly care less about the Virus.........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Of course Z3ta sounds incredible but only using speakers like

pinkpanther, all you do is troll. Just get out of my thread.

Sir, I'm giving my opinion about products on a PUBLIC forum. If you don't like them mute or ignore me.

It's not easy to match them... my first attempt:
(Z3TA with 2x oversampling and highest precision)

always 2 bars: Z3TA, Massive, Spire, Virus C
Z3TA-Massive-Spire-Virus C

Sounds using delay for comparison is plain dumb :bang: Do a clean and slow filter sweep instead. And what's the problem with the volume? Get all of them to use the same level and avoid the classic louder = better crap

Why is it so important that they should exactly sound like a real "Virus"? :?:

As a listener, I didn't know a Virus at all. Either a song was great or not. Only later, when I got into electronic music as a musician, I learned what a "Virus" is...

IMO Spire and Z3ta+ are just different synths with a different sound and different features.

I have Z3ta+ 2 but still not Spire because I don't need it at the moment...

Return to “Instruments”