FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BrainStormer

Halonmusic wrote:It already IS a great synth.
I'd say that too mate, although there must be a finalization for the product and make it officially available to public.

I agree but it still feels unfinished with bugs and even the GUI is a bit rough around the edges.

phreaque wrote:
I'd say that too mate, although there must be a finalization for the product and make it officially available to public.
Drew Lake wrote:
I agree but it still feels unfinished with bugs and even the GUI is a bit rough around the edges.
Yes that is true. Wasnt it supposed to be updated by his friend or something?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:
phreaque wrote:
Drew Lake wrote:
I believe so but I guess life has taken over...who knows...

Halonmusic wrote:Yes that is true. Wasnt it supposed to be updated by his friend or something?
Actually there was an update by Clement (Olivier's friend), back in 2016, some fixes and that's it. I believe he doesn't have enough time. Perhaps it's better to contact him directly.

Drew Lake wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
phreaque wrote:
Drew Lake wrote:
I believe so but I guess life has taken over...who knows...
Yeah I guess so.
phreaque wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Yes that is true. Wasnt it supposed to be updated by his friend or something?
Actually there was an update by Clement (Olivier's friend), back in 2016, some fixes and that's it. I believe he doesn't have enough time. Perhaps it's better to contact him directly.
Oh I remember there was something wrong with the fm ratio or something. Maybe that is the update.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

phreaque wrote:... there was an update by Clement (Olivier's friend), back in 2016, some fixes and that's it. I believe he doesn't have enough time ...
Exactly my point. Why let this great synth die because it can't be maintained? The main developer has sadly passed away and unless he had explicit wishes that his friend learn development and carry on, it would seem to make the most sense to just open source the thing at this point and let Oliver at least have that legacy.

Cheers!

z.prime wrote:
phreaque wrote:... there was an update by Clement (Olivier's friend), back in 2016, some fixes and that's it. I believe he doesn't have enough time ...
Exactly my point. Why let this great synth die because it can't be maintained? The main developer has sadly passed away and unless he had explicit wishes that his friend learn development and carry on, it would seem to make the most sense to just open source the thing at this point and let Oliver at least have that legacy.

Cheers!
Yeah that would be great

I tried several commercial synths, but somehow it didn't click. Then I went to VST4free. Brainstormer has 5 stars, so I dld it. They have the old version without presets, though. So I did some research and came to this thread. Sadly the dev passed away. But I still want to thank them!
Wot a sound!

Return to “Instruments”