new tracktion browser ?!?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1152 x 864

brilliant

Okee.. here's the status report. Thanks for all the screen resolutions! :wink: I just got that issue figured out, so it should work for everyone regardless. The more screen space you have, the better of course because it won't squeeze tracktion as small. But regardless, it should work! I've tried it down to 1024x768.. and gone up to 1400x1050. It's workiin'!!! it also looks like the collapse button won't be an issue either now that the resize is working. Click, and it's gone. click again and it's back.

Regarding loading other apps into panels. Yes it is possible provided you can hunt down the proper window handle, which wasn't easy for me--lack of knowledge I s'pose. That is basically what I've done. However, tracktion is special because Jules' GUI design rescales itself along with the fonts and buttons! and that is what makes it very functional, because you can still see the *entire* tracktion interface (thanks Jules!). :D Trying to stuff audacity into the lower panel would require squeezing tracktion pretty tight.. tight to the point of it being useless on resolutions below 1280x1024. I guess one could add a scroll bar and make it scroll like reason tho. I kinda like the idea of the interface feeling entirely like tracktion tho. I really want it to feel 100% native.

Anyway, at this point I'm leaning with pHz. The initial release should be lean and mean. This won't be a problem. Just gotta add the navi buttons, maybe some favorite directory buttons. BTW double clicking a file will execute it like explorer.. and because wav's are associated with mediaplayer on my machine.. it'll playback the sample. I could have it use mediaplayer regardless just in case your wav's are associated with another program tho. :) Does anyone know if there is a command line param to make media player playback a wav without loading the interface?

Last thing. For the time being, I've called it ExtendR. I'm open to suggestions! What do you win? a vile of crack to get you thru the rough times, when your inspiration is low.. :lol: seriously.. anyone wanna throw some names out there that I use? (don't sue me either!)

so far, ExtendR is pretty wack for a name. That part of my brain has shut down recently. :lol:

@Niallm -> I'll get the source ready for you for the building block comps! 8)
ModuLR / Radio

more lame names ...

browsR
audiofile

slainte :( rob

BowsR! :D

You could call it windows

Mod, you're a crazy hacker! 10/10 for resourcefulness!

I'd like to say "it'll never work", but it probably will.

jules wrote:Mod, you're a crazy hacker! 10/10 for resourcefulness!

I'd like to say "it'll never work", but it probably will.
Hire modulaR.
Hire modulaR.
Hire modulaR.
Hire modulaR.

:wink:

1152 x 864

Possible names
1.TFB (Tracktion file browser)
2.SAB(Simple Audio browser)
3.I T B Integrated Tracktion Browser.
4.ModB (Modular browser)
5.EXFT / EFT (Extender for Tracktion)
6.MFB (Music file Browser)
7.ModEX (Modulr Extender)
8.TBMOD (Tracktion browser by Modulr)
9.RMB (Raw material Browser)
10.Ex v.1

Hope this steers you in the right direction :wink:

Modulr, have you tried asking Tobybear about media player? His Helios sampler plays back from the browser using media player and he's a very helpful chap.

ezeeboogie wrote:Modulr, have you tried asking Tobybear about media player? His Helios sampler plays back from the browser using media player and he's a very helpful chap.
Yes! thats exactly what I had in mind, exactly like Helios. One click preview 8).

Name suggestion: (Keeping with the "S" theme of Senderella, StepChild) StalkR :lol:

SqueeZR

? :P

Rock wrote:SqueeZR

? :P
:D

Okee, I went on a hunt on the net for the wmp info, and realized the media player thing was right under my nose. So, I've got it working now. Tho double-click, not single-click. Single-Click lets you rename the file. I think I'll change it to single tho.. cause that feels faster..

Hmmm, SqueeZR .. I kinda like that! It's funny, and makes me think of toilet paper. :lol:

how about...

AudioPusHR
FilePusHR
Thingamajig
TrackHACK
YATU (yet another tracktion utility)

:roll:
ModuLR / Radio

TBoxR

:?:
kevlingo

Return to “Tracktion”