street spirit
KVRist
63 posts since 25 Jul, 2010 from united states

Post Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:04 pm

e-crooner wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:36 pm
street spirit wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:22 am
Bring back the randomize button, instead of the key shortcut and menu select.
copy paste osc A1 to A2 would be handy.
double clicking sets ALL Parameters back to default position, and not just a few controls that's annoying..
Besides those gripes, its still the best. :tu:
I don't like the randomize feature at all.
Anyway, unfortunately, I think the developer is very reluctant to add anything that would require changes to the GUI because he would have to ask all skin suppliers to change their skins as well.
Yeah your probably right.
I remember ye old Sylenth1 the random preset would produce so cool results.
Ableton Live 9, Novation Impulse 25. Various vst's and effects

e-crooner
KVRian
501 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Re: Ideabox

Post Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:08 pm

street spirit wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:04 pm
e-crooner wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:36 pm
street spirit wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:22 am
Bring back the randomize button, instead of the key shortcut and menu select.
copy paste osc A1 to A2 would be handy.
double clicking sets ALL Parameters back to default position, and not just a few controls that's annoying..
Besides those gripes, its still the best. :tu:
I don't like the randomize feature at all.
Anyway, unfortunately, I think the developer is very reluctant to add anything that would require changes to the GUI because he would have to ask all skin suppliers to change their skins as well.
Yeah your probably right.
I remember ye old Sylenth1 the random preset would produce so cool results.
Strange, I tried the randomize feature a few times, but never got any useful sound, frankly.

steve.lindqvist
KVRist
220 posts since 20 Jan, 2019

Post Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:15 pm

Just a preset browser which can handle / import more or less numberless sound banks including search and tag function.

e-crooner
KVRian

Post Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:27 pm

The virtual keyboard is pretty good already, namely velocity sensitive and one can swipe the mouse up and down the keyboard, which sounds cool with some presets :tu:

However, the keys are very slim, making it hard to click the right key, depending on the GUI size selected and monitor. Also, since the black keys are much shorter than the white keys, swiping the mouse horizontally leads to jumps between black and white keys when using velocity as a modulation source for volume or cutoff for instance.

So I thought of a new keyboard, see image.

All keys have the same height, resulting in virtually identical velocity values when swiping horizontally.

Also, the keys are much wider, about 3 times as wide as currently. Why? Because they will actually be 2-dimensional pads. The vertical position you click on determines the velocity, but, say, half a second after the click, the still pressed mouse key automatically switches to aftertouch, which is on the x axis of the pads :)

Even with keys held via right-clicking, you can use the left mouse key to change the AT for all held notes. So, unlike now, one has to right-click a key again in order to end the holding feature.

Above the pads you have those typical Sylenth1 LED switches, with which you can disable certain keys you do not want to hear when swiping. The muted notes will be muted on all octaves.

The arrow pads to the right and left of the keyboard allow you to keep swiping up or down when you rest your mouse on them, coming from below or above, respectively. This will automatically change the octave you are on, which is displayed in the little octave display to the left. You can also set the octave manually by clicking on the respective arrow pad repeatedly (without swiping).

I am not sure, but I think it would be the first virtual synth keyboard sending aftertouch :) Could be handy for someone programming aftertouch-sensitive presets without using an AT-capable Midi keyboard.

The big pads might also be useful when using a tablet.

https://app.box.com/s/tm2hcmco6ajfgdj6ykx1fc1bmxvpm2wv

e-crooner
KVRian

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:37 am

I think the filter type and Osc/LFO waveforms should be displayed in another color, like with the Classic skin where they are green. Those fields are basically little displays so they should look like the other displays, i.e. black on light blue background in the case of the 3.0 default skin.

Return to “LennarDigital”