Is DIVA the end of the road?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

I got DIVA about 6 months ago but only started to use it two months ago. I absolutely love its sound and I wonder if there is anything left to improve soundwise.
More features could be added (and probably will) but is it the final answer to analogue emulation?
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Yes :clown:

(But I'm sure someone will find a way to prove the opposite with an "optimisation" that actually speeds up your CPU instead of using any performance)

Karten wrote: but is it the final answer to analogue emulation?
No :P
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

there will be always progression or? :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Needs Wavetables!

Phase47 wrote:Needs Wavetables!
And an electric plug :D
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Once the prophet 5 modules are in there. ;)

Monark is also very good. There might be a "final" emulation of a certain analog synth, but there are always more analog synths to emulate too.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

I would love to see a prophet VS style oscillator and it's envelopes emulated in some modules within diva.
:borg:

Isn't it a question of how complex the emulation of the non linearities found in analog hardware is? And isn't all that we have seen yet simply a compromise of complexity vs. CPU load? Because if it is, it's more a question of how fast computers will be in the future, and i don't see an end of that coming... of course it's always a personal decision how much authencity you need. For example, i tried OBXd lately, and found that the sound quality didn't really justify such a high CPU load. In comparison, Retrologue doesn't really sound much worse, but takes 1/10 of the CPU... very much up to personal preference i guess.

V0RT3X wrote:
I would love to see a prophet VS style oscillator and it's envelopes emulated in some modules within diva.
That's what I'm talking about!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Once the prophet 5 modules are in there. ;)
CS 80 too :))))
Murderous duck!

Out of (both) the blue and the topic,but in the idea to seek new developments. what do you think of the upcoming imitone virtual interface ?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ev ... -to-melody

Would it make sense to optimize virtual instruments for a use with it both in live and in composing process ?

Karten wrote:I wonder if there is anything left to improve soundwise.

is it the final answer to analogue emulation?
Soundwise?
May be we will see a point where the gain will become so small it aint worth the money asked for an upgrade. May be DIVA already touches this point.

Improvement to the analogue emulation?
absolutely - knobs, faders, buttons - Its a miracle to me why no one picks up the idea to bring a hardware controller along for famed synths :x ... May be even creating some kind of standard .. :o

I think it this way: I buy a PlugIn.. if i like it (like Diva) I'd buy a hardware controller next (doesnt need to have keys, got enough of those already :D )... just knobs, faders, buttons :hihi:

How many people use things like NI Maschine, just for the fact that it has a hardware interface for an OK to good software .. I do at least and lately i have my eyes open for the Softube controler .. not because i need the plugins .. just for the hardware ..

I would think a hardware controller for diva would be kind of hard to implement, seeing as it´s not a static environment with the different module setups.

Return to “u-he”