KVR Mobile / Wide / Responsive Design (+General) - Issue Tracker

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is propably my bad, but is the "Kvr Members" - list/search moved to some other place (in the mobile version)?
Its not under the "more" arrow, nor in the bottom bar (where it once used to locate).

Horse wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:08 pm...is there a way to make the text in the body of the posts smaller?
H
Yes, use Stylish to override the styling...

Mine's here: viewtopic.php?p=7180362#p7180362

For me, the "forum notifications" don´t show up on iOS mobile Safari when clicking the bell/link. It looks like there´s happening something, but I end up only seeing two faint top lines of the notification bubble, nothing more.

I get the issue that the mobile site is scrollable horizontally a bit in portrait view again. Shouldn't happen, I think. Google Chrome on Android 10, Pixel 3a phone.

:dog:
Last edited by Aliens on Fri May 15, 2020 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Old ipad2 on iOS 8.something, the Latest posts and ads which on my pc are on the right of the screen, show up at the bottom of the forum list. Ads first then recent posts.

Nevermind.
Last edited by chk071 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Russell Grand wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:53 am No more "dark forum" option? This white sucks.
Original and first design KVR were dark blues. Then the later redesign went for the lighter view, Ben specifically responded saying the blue would come back. It never did. Now this newer new design is even brighter. I think he just likes lighter color schemes. Which is unfortunate since they are much harder on the eyes.

Also on desktop the forum is pushed out of the front view. But I primarily come here for the forum content most. Why recreate the wheel and make it less round? What you had before was more functional.

I come here for the news and now I can't really differentiate the news from the ads...maybe that's good for ad impressions but it certainly makes the site less attractive to me.

Yeah, I don't really like the new News page. Just like Aliens posted above, it doesn't even have the "What's new @ KVR Audio" thing in the mobile view... or, at least not where it was, it's at the bottom of the page now. Also pretty inconsistent that it's white now, and when you switch to the forum, it's black again.

VitaminD wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:27 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:53 am No more "dark forum" option? This white sucks.
Original and first design KVR were dark blues. Then the later redesign went for the lighter view, Ben specifically responded saying the blue would come back. It never did. Now this newer new design is even brighter. I think he just likes lighter color schemes. Which is unfortunate since they are much harder on the eyes.

Also on desktop the forum is pushed out of the front view. But I primarily come here for the forum content most. Why recreate the wheel and make it less round? What you had before was more functional.
Agree 100%, VC.

@Ben I know this may sound bothersome but please consider bringing back a dark theme, ideally based on CSS and automatically applied on Safari/Chrome/Firefox. Plenty of mobile users with OLED screens and low light setups would appreciate it (myself included) :)

Think I ran into another bug: When there are a couple of options in the speech bubble kind of thing below the user name, some options, like the PM button in my case, get cut off on the left side. See the picture:
KVR_PM_bug.jpg
Happens in all browsers, BTW. Chrome, Edge, Firefox.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just wonder, but, how do I get rid of the "Updated product" notification, in form of a red dot, both in the user menu, and in the upper bar of this site (see pictures)? I tried to click on those buttons a dozen times now, and visit the page of the updated product, but, it doesn't get away. Very annoying, because you can't distinguish it from the "You have a new peersonal message" notification.
KVR_red_dot.jpg
KVR_red_dot_02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ok, found out how to get rid of the notification now. Actually, the notification is about an updated version of one of your owned plugins on KVR, so, you can click on the "1 update" notification I've shown on the screenshot above, and then click on the >> button, to set your version of the owned plugin to the updated version. The version number gets green then, it registers that you updated to the latest version, and the notification is gone. :)
KVR_product_update.png

Return to “Site Stuff”