Bazille Patch Competition (submission closed)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

Bazille Patch Competition #1

submission is closed - voting starts soon

While Bazille is free for anyone to use (public beta serial number), we thought we'd encourage some creativity with a sound design contest 8)

There are 4 categories:

1. The Modular Piano
Patch up a grand piano, a dreamy 80s FM piano, a Rhodesy or Wurly e-piano, or anything tuneful and “hammered". This needs to be a polyphonic patch, it needs to be dynamic, playable, convincing. This category is about realism. Mallets, Glockenspiels, Vibraphones and Xylophones are allowed as well.

2. Giant Bass
FM synths were always great for big bass sounds. Bazille can go much further than that. You can combine FM with PD, you can use filters and even a bit of wavetable using the TapMap feature. This category is for vintage or modern thick bass sounds. Slap basses with velocity switching, expressive fretless, wobble basses or sharp cut-through digital basses. Anything except thin and tinny!

3. Modern Cosmo
This is the technical “innovation” cateogory. As you know, Bazille sports PD (Phase Distortion) as a major sound source. PD was originally introduced in Casio's range of Cosmo Synthesizers – the CZ-101 and its successors. We're looking for sounds based on this synthesis technique but with a modern "bazillistic" touch. The following words come to mind: surprising, inventive, revolutionary, ingenious, radical…

4. Monster From The Deep, episode I
This is the freestyle category. Go mad! Do Bazille justice. Release the Kraken!

Rules & Submission
Anyone can participate, regardless of owning any u-he software.

Patch design must start from the initial state of Bazille, or the included initialize patch - i.e. don't start by modifying someone elses preset.

Send submissions via e-mail to competitions@u-he.com – and please mention "Bazille PC#1" and the category in the subject line, e.g. "Bazille PC#1 Modern Cosmo"! This means that if anyone wants to take part in all categories, we will need 4 separate emails. You can send up to 3 patches for each category. If more than 3 presets are sent per category, we will randomly choose 3 of them.

Of course each email submission must contain the name of the participant. We will strip the author’s name from the presets in the voting phase, but will add the name back in afterwards.

Deadline
You have 10 days! Deadline is Thursday, June 5th at 12.59pm Central European Time. If you send on the 4th, you'll be on the safe side.

Voting
Once the submission deadline has been reached, we'll need a few days to prepare downloads. We will then post all presets in our support forum. Anonymized, along with a public poll for each category. Everyone can name their favourite preset in each category. The votes will be counted, and the preset with the most votes makes its author the winner in that category.

Prizes
The winner in each category will receive a u-he plug-in of choice (full version, not just an NFR). The creators of the patches 2-5 in each category will receive a 50$ voucher for the u-he shop.

Fine Print
Participants agree that u-he reserves the right to make received presets publicly available without further consent, either as download or bundled with the final version of Bazille itself.

Get started! Now! :)

Great idea Urs. I have a new tune I'm working on right now that I'm planning to use Bazille exclusively on. I might have a few presets to submit as a result of this tune.
I'm absolutely loving Bazille and will definitely be purchasing it.

Great news, finally a u-he patch contest! :pray:
Love these contests, hopefully I'll have time to make several patches! :)

About voting, I thought there would be a slight problem as expecting several quality patches that could stun voting but then I saw this option when creating polls here on KVR now:
"This is the number of options each user may select when voting."

So, would there be the traditional 5 choice voting... or more with a ton of patches? :)

Nice idea…!

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

I will try and give my humble self a shot at this.

3ee wrote:Great news, finally a u-he patch contest! :pray:
Love these contests, hopefully I'll have time to make several patches! :)

About voting, I thought there would be a slight problem as expecting several quality patches that could stun voting but then I saw this option when creating polls here on KVR now:
"This is the number of options each user may select when voting."

So, would there be the traditional 5 choice voting... or more with a ton of patches? :)
I guess we have to see - if there's a *ton* then we might add multiple choices. If it's, say, 10 per category then I guess 1 vote per category is good enough.

I'm really glad the patch contests are coming back! :D

bmrzycki wrote:I'm really glad the patch contests are coming back! :D
Yup, me too. Of course we now have enough manpower to organise them ourselves :)

In what format do we send the patches? Do I send the patch file? or do I send a soundcloud recording?

austinminor wrote:In what format do we send the patches? Do I send the patch file? or do I send a soundcloud recording?
Bazille patches obviously...

great idea, motivated me to sit down and really try to work on something... rather than dabble with it :)
emailed one... might have a go at another category later, its a good way to learn.

thats why i admire Uhe! thanks alot, ill try :)

as a request lets play have a 1 download link for all patches when voting starts.

This is fun! :-)
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Should this be restricted to version 2370? I noticed that some sounds changed from earlier versions.
It would not do well to have sounds change after patches are submitted.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

Return to “u-he”