No undo/replace notes while recording from a midi controller

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry if this topic has been debated already... I'm checking the bitwig releases since 1.0.6 and still, in 1.0.10 now, can't find any feature for undoing - or replacing - notes that you're recording in a clip with a midi controller.

Apparently, undo is completely disabled when it comes to recording notes from a midi controller (whereas it works if you write notes using the pencil). Alternately, I couldn't find any recording mode that would replace my previous take when recording into a clip (or a loop).

Did I miss some important feature in Bitwig? With other DAW I use to assist my recording with at least, the ability to record over the previous recorded notes in a loop, if not using an undo/redo feature. Even better, applying different quantizations (or any other midi transformation) and undoing them if they arent' good.

I'm a bit worried to not finding something similar in Bitwig...

I second that! wanted to create thread, but found others having similar problem.
I'm in 1.0.11 RC1 and can't undo midi notes, recorded into midi clip while overdub function is active and clip playing. Can do it only after pressing stop, which is very inconvenient while jamming and recording drums from controller.

Has this been fixed yet? I can't undo midi notes while recording.

This is the main reason I'm not buying Bitwig yet, and the reason why I use, at least for production, Studio One and FL Studio, both of which have undo while recording. I find this omission alarming considering how much Bitwig costs. Every time they release an update, the first thing I check in any DAW is loop recording. Sorry but the current implementation is not good enough, uninstalling the 2.0 demo now... again.

Ableton can too undo while recording, this is a huge boner killer.

In Bitwig it's possible to delete recorded notes while recording, using the eraser tool. In Studio One undoing the last pass is equivalent to deleting the notes recorded in the last pass, so technically Bitwig can already do this.

Return to “Bitwig”