re-scanning plugins - how?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Any kind should around here care to tell me how can i rescan my plugin library in bitwig?

I just upgraded to Waves Mercury and my Waveshell only shows the plugins from Gold bundle.

Whats the easiest way to force an update to plugin library?

C

edit: I'm on Mac Os 10.9.3 Maverixx

Hi

Right click on the VST folder under devices and presets in the browser on the right hand side, and select Re-index. It is set to auto scan for changes as well.

Thanks Fjorko but that didn't seem to do anything.

Bump - anybody in here know how to force a rescan?

'Reindex' command seemingly does nothing at all. I've used 'Remove Library Location' and re-added it but no luck of Waves plugin list updating itself.

Also, 'Should update automatically' is turned on for the location.

What gives?

In case you missed this thread Contour:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... G#p5740619

It appears there is no solution at this time.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Wave plugins show up here in BWS 1.0.10, although I'm on windows 8.1.u

To really rescan VSTs anew in this special case (the file doesn't change, only the license, which BWS doesn't know), you would need to delete the index AFAIK:

- Close BWS before you do it (I mean really close, not that half close thing in OSX).

On Windows it's in C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\Bitwig Studio\index\
On OSX it should be in: Users/yourname/Library/ApplicationSupport/Bitwig/Bitwig Studio/index

I usually delet the whole folder "index" when it seems that something is stuck (you can also rename it or move it to somewhere else if you are unsure).
It also contains the other databases so BWS will rescan your audio etc. on next start as well.

Let us know if that helps.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Tom, thanks for the tip but it didn't do it. I'm still using the Gold Bundle when I'm in Bitwigland.

I guess I'll have to take dsan's word for it - there is no workaround. What a bummer.

Ah - too bad - I had hopes that this is finally fixed in 1.0.10...

I can't do any real tests myself since I lose my waves licenses every couple of days and have given up on the whole waves thing in the meantime. Their copy protection is too much for me. :roll:

Did you contact Tech-Support already? They may know a solution and if not can put it in the bug-database if it isn't there yet.
http://www.bitwig.com/en/support/tech-support.html

Cheers,

Tom
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Man these new reply/quote icons are one major pain... :roll:

Tom I'll send a ticket about this now. Thanks for the help.

Return to “Bitwig”