ToneCarver - support/discussion for Regen

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Regen

Playing again with Regen, and digging it !

Is there any way to change start/end points of the layers ?

And can we delete layers (I know we can already mute each layer, but i am wondering if we can just erase/delete them) ?

I wish we could give each loop a time-synced lenght (in beats/bars, pre or post recording).

The aliasing can be quite audible indeed, but let's say it's a feature ;)
Also, i noticed some crackles while recording with certain settings (i can't remember which ones), but i am having so much fun that i'm not really bothered by this ;)

sinkmusic wrote:Playing again with Regen, and digging it !
Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it.
sinkmusic wrote:Is there any way to change start/end points of the layers ?
No, not currently. That is one of the long list of features I had in mind for the plugin but just could not get done in time for the DC.
sinkmusic wrote:And can we delete layers (I know we can already mute each layer, but i am wondering if we can just erase/delete them) ?
No, in this version you can undo layers from the top of the layer stack, but muting by lowering the level is the only way to silence intermediate layers. This is also on the todo list for this plugin.
sinkmusic wrote:I wish we could give each loop a time-synced lenght (in beats/bars, pre or post recording).
Yup, also on the todo list ...
sinkmusic wrote:The aliasing can be quite audible indeed, but let's say it's a feature ;)
Also, i noticed some crackles while recording with certain settings (i can't remember which ones), but i am having so much fun that i'm not really bothered by this ;)
Yes, the aliasing is most audible when the playback rate is slowed down just a little. I could put some higher quality sample rate conversion code in there to reduce the aliasing but it would increase the CPU load considerably. Maybe offering a high/low quality option would be the best middle ground. Again, on the todo (or at least the 'consider doing') list.

Hi
Thank you for your answer : the TODO list is quite thrilling ! I'm looking forward to the updates, then :D
Offering a high/low quality option in the preferences seems appealing (The CPU load of the plugin is really low, so i guess i would keep it set on Hi all the time).

Little bump for a nice plugin, before the DC voting ends ;)

Hi, ToneCarver : is there any news about a possible update at some point ?

sinkmusic wrote:Hi, ToneCarver : is there any news about a possible update at some point ?
Possibly ... but it may be a while. :oops:

I've got a new version of GrainMaker in the works right now and it will take some time to finish that up. After that I may get back to Regen or may move on to something else depending on mood/motivation/interest. This is a spare time hobby for me so I tend to just follow the muse as time permits and interest leads. I do have a to-do list for Regen though, so if you have specific features you would like to see I will add them to the list and consider them for future updates. Sometimes having concrete features on the list helps to motivate the implementation.

ToneCarver wrote:I may get back to Regen or may move on to something else depending on mood/motivation/interest. This is a spare time hobby for me so I tend to just follow the muse as time permits and interest leads.
Thank you for your answer.
I understand very well : following a muse is a great way to do things ;)
ToneCarver wrote:I've got a new version of GrainMaker in the works right now
Looking forward to it !
ToneCarver wrote: I do have a to-do list for Regen though, so if you have specific features you would like to see I will add them to the list and consider them for future updates. Sometimes having concrete features on the list helps to motivate the implementation.
Just look a couple posts above ;)

Hi, little bump !
Is there any update planned for TC Regen ? It is a great instrument :D

sinkmusic wrote:Hi, little bump !
Is there any update planned for TC Regen ? It is a great instrument :D
Thanks ... I don't have any near term plans for Regen. Motivation to code has been scarce lately. I have some ideas for it in the to-do list but it would likely be quite a while before I get around to getting any of them done. Thanks though, glad to hear that it is being used. :)

Hi
Thank you for your reply.
Ok, I hope one day it will get an update, but i will be still using it like it is, it's an already great looper ;)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”