No disrespect, but..... what is missing on this year contest?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To program something extraordinary and really innovative, yet without any serious bugs, programmers obviously need more development time than some months... :shrug:

I'm also assuming that Acon developed their Multiply plugin much earlier before the contest (same as some other developers), they just decided to offer it for the contest...

I always want more free synths, sample manglers, must-use-samples and real sound-altering effects (none of that mastering/eq finery stuff).

Thank you to all the entrants !

I'm not at all disappointed, in fact I'll put in to the fund as soon as my paypal using pal is back from his holiday.

I just want more. Always more.

highkoo wrote:Well OP, no disrespect, but I sort of think that that is kind of a selfish/short sighted/shameful point of view. :shrug:
+10

After a day of going live, I don't think anybody have had a chance to test over 20 plugs so well, that they can make these kind of conclusions.

scalawag wrote:First of all, congratulation to all developers!
I don't know why, but i have a strange feeling about this year entries. First of all i believe we have a clear winner (based on what happened on last two Developer Challenges), and second, i don't see big innovations....
First of all, congratulations for your complaint. I don't know why, but i have a strange feeling about it. First of all i believe I'm repeating myself by saying first of all again. And second, i don't see your complaint as whiny and ungrateful enough. You should try harder...

Have to say, I'm quite astonished by the high quality of plugs presented this year. Most of the ones I've tried so far are really good, and well thought out.

fese wrote:I know that it's mostly a Synthedit related problem and I hope until the next DC they've fixed that...
Yeah, we are getting there, very slowly but surely. Think xavier : http://www.kvraudio.com/developer/kx77free
will be the first to go 64bit, the man is on a mission. I will follow soon after. All my projects from now on, including EpiCentre, is future-proof by way of custom coded modules. Once SE is stable - I can port it in an hour :)

Don't hold your breath for a Mac version though, it's a hefty price to pay - just to use its compiler.

Tricky-Loops wrote:I'm also assuming that Acon developed their Multiply plugin much earlier before the contest (same as some other developers), they just decided to offer it for the contest...
Not really. I had the idea with phase randomizing filters in a chorus effect and the implementation was fairly straight forward since it consists of modules that were already implemented. The KVR DC seemed like a good occasion to release it as a freebie to draw some additional attention to Acon Digital, so I decided to implement the plug-in after I saw the KVR DC announcement here.

Best,
Stian

Nice. Well good work! I love it!

scalawag wrote:First of all, congratulation to all developers!
I don't know why, but i have a strange feeling about this year entries. ....
You complaining. , but that is already resolved.

arkmabat wrote:Nice. Well good work! I love it!
Thanks, I'm very glad to hear that!

Best,
Stian

I am quite disappointed how much 32bit only stuff there is. Well, after all it's free software, but on the other hand the VST market is flooded with plugs, even 64 bit freeware, so I am in the luxury position to say no to 32 bit and still get enough plugs cheap or for free.

Hm...interesting so far...

I expected more underdog devs/products and a bit more diversity (+ entries overall). Some plugins seem still a bit rough around the edges (as in unfinished). BUT there are a few very cool plugins and I do intend to keep & use a couple so although I'm not overly impressed, not bad ;)

I'm still waiting for a really nice synth to get released through DC, but that's just me :)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

stian wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:I'm also assuming that Acon developed their Multiply plugin much earlier before the contest (same as some other developers), they just decided to offer it for the contest...
Not really. I had the idea with phase randomizing filters in a chorus effect and the implementation was fairly straight forward since it consists of modules that were already implemented. The KVR DC seemed like a good occasion to release it as a freebie to draw some additional attention to Acon Digital, so I decided to implement the plug-in after I saw the KVR DC announcement here.

Best,
Stian
See, then you admitted exactly what I said as the modules were already developed, so it wasn't developed right from scratch... :wink:

Multiply is surely one of the best plugins in this contest, keep up the good work! :tu:

idfpower wrote:I'm still waiting for a really nice synth to get released through DC, but that's just me :)
I guess for a really innovative synth (64 bit, too, without Synthedit or Flowstone), developers need much more time than some months, if not years...

Tricky-Loops wrote:
idfpower wrote:I'm still waiting for a really nice synth to get released through DC, but that's just me :)
I guess for a really innovative synth (64 bit, too, without Synthedit or Flowstone), developers need much more time than some months, if not years...
DC 2012 was third place Kamioooka (64bit), a polyphonic Full-Modular synthesizer with patch cable system by g200kg.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”