Audio Damage releases "Basic" substractive virtual synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Basic

https://www.facebook.com/AudioDamageInc

The release of Basic is planned around the end of the upcoming week for
a price of $39. Always cool to see a new AD's audio toy ! :)
Last edited by Endor-8o8 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I thought for a second it was a non Reaktor version of this

http://adsrsounds.com/product/presets/b ... ass-synth/
Introducing BASSIC, a Reaktor synth made with the modern electronic producer in mind.

Stripped of all the things that can distract or confuse when designing killer bass music instruments, BASSIC has all the basic components needed to create professional sounds in just a matter of minutes! No more spending countless hours dialling in settings across parameters that aren’t even necessary.
We wanted a synth that the common producer or musician can use without the need for a lot of learning or experience just to make some nice bass music synths.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool, looking forward to picking this up. Nice intro price too.

:)
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Nice synth :)
I like the Phosphor and Axon.
And I like mono synth.

I look forward to hearing what it sounds like :)

Is it actually called Basic ?

Why not: Average, Ordinary, Regular, General, Middle-Of-The-Road :?

Numanoid wrote:Is it actually called Basic ?

Why not: Average, Ordinary, Regular, General, Middle-Of-The-Road :?
From their Facebook page:
Basic is a 3-oscillator subtractive mono-synth, built primarily for the educational market and musicians just starting out with e-music. We felt that there was a distinct lack of quality commercial products that were immediately accessible to beginners and students, without a ton of confusing and needless features, so we made Basic.

Basic is a 3-oscillator subtractive mono-synth, built primarily for ... musicians just starting out with e-music.
Is of little interest to most users of this forum then.

Numanoid wrote:
Basic is a 3-oscillator subtractive mono-synth, built primarily for ... musicians just starting out with e-music.
Au contraire!

I would say it is sneakily and specifically targeted and marketed at the very core demographic of this forum.

Only half joking.

Numanoid wrote:
I am sure it does nothing new sonically. The appeal could be the automobile dashboard-like GUI, which will be very quick to read a patch at a glance, and the low introductory price.

Audio Damage is forward thinking with their GUIs. Knobs on hardware are wonderful but dragging knobs with a mouse is dumb. :dog:

codec_spurt wrote:Only half joking.
So would you say the glass is half empty or half full ?

Seems Audio Damage press agent added some info on the FB page ;)
But we were surprised by how well it turned out, and it is in no way for n00bs only. We're looking at release on Thursday, barring unforeseen circumstances. Basic's introductory price will be US$39.00 for one month, and this includes VST2.4 for Windows and OS X and AudioUnit for Windows, in both 32 and 64-bit versions.

Numanoid wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:Only half joking.
So would you say the glass is half empty or half full ?
Always half full when it comes to AD.

It's not just about the sounds. The interfaces and functions are what really create the synergy for me. I mean, Axon and even Tattoo are not the broadest spectrum sound generating modules, but they work well within their range. It is the ability to play about and do new things that other plugins don't do, or do the things other plugins do but in an easier or more novel manner.

I haven't seen this yet, but I've no doubt it'll be the John le Carré's eyebrows!

ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Cool GUI. :tu:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Instruments”