Tracktion Linux FAQ

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cool I replaced my drag action with Alt-space and now I can drag the plugin GUI offscreen now, thanks Kott!

Glad to help :)

BTW I must admit that disabling "keep on top" in KWin is not healing, plugin's windows are drops behind WF with every click on main window :(

Re Download Manager (1.0.7): it seems suboptimal, having downloaded 45MB of a 579MB file, to not just fail silently but delete the partial file.

I mean, ZMODEM came out in 1986.

Well, this is weird. I don't know how I didn't notice, but somewhere between 11.0.22 and 11.2.22 the "Open Project..." button stopped working, as did the "..." directory-select button in the "New Project..." dialog. Anyone else?

[Edit: after 11.1.25.]

[Edit: well, now the current version is working again. Apparently installing an earlier version fixed something: no idea what or why.]
Last edited by ForrestH on Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

latest 11.5.17 works as usual

I think installing 11.0.22 fixed something. Something for non-upgraders to keep an eye out for, maybe?
EDIT: either that or I lost track of what I was doing at ~1 AM.
Last edited by ForrestH on Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

....and lo! once again only 11.0.22 is responding to the Open button! This is very strange. And I haven't even rebooted! (install pause) 11.0.39 seems to work...

[no longer relevant debug info removed]
Last edited by ForrestH on Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Found it! 11.2.1 changelog: "Linux: Enabled native file choosers if available (zenity & kdialog supported)"
If it doesn't like the kdialog it finds, which in my case was an older one, it doesn't fall back to the JUCEy one.

Greetings;
I have a Tracktion account, and I downloaded the Linux trial version of F-em. It downloaded ok and runs, but I can't register the trial download. The window pops up, but I can't type my Tracktion accoun credentials into it. I can't paste into the window either. I'm just trying it now, but if/when I purchase it, I want to be able to register my license.
Thanks for supporting Linux!

I instantly bought f'em and the registration process went flawlessly. I'm running on Ubuntu 20.04. you might need to install Curl as I believe that is the lib used for the registration process.

I'm glad it worked for you.

I already have curl installed. I've registered plugins from u-he, Tracktion, DiscoDSP, OvertoneDSP, and many other companies.

This looks like a GUI issue, I cannot enter text in the registration window (curl is for downloading from the Internet).

@mlkoatkvr - Do you ever experience the audio dropping out, or distorting a very low volumes? I ask because my registered version of Collective has occaisional audio drop outs, and F-em sometimes has distortion at low volumes.

I do not experience this with any other synth plugins, including Zebra2, Diva, Vital, Quanta (from Audio Damage), Discovery Pro to name a few...

Tracktion synths sound *great* but I can't really use them in my studio in their present state.

Q for the engineers:
Waveform, it says somewhere, can be used on three machines.
If I have multiple user accounts on one machine (which I do, to experiment with alternate desktop environments), would activating under those accounts affect the overall machine count?
Relatedly, what about Tracktion plugins like Collective and Retromod Fat? (Also wondering about Waverazor, but that's a different company...)

I'm not a Tracktion engineer, but you can check the Machine ID (help -> about) with all instances of different profiles.

Just a follow up...

I ended up purchasing F-em and doing an offline registration.

After updating Reaper, the issues with Collective having occasional audio (voice) drop outs, and F-em sometimes having distortion at low volumes, have gone away.

I still cannot enter text into F-em. I can log into Tracktion from my web browser, download updates, and install them, but I can't log in from the plugin.

Also, when I open the F-em window, it only opens to about a quarter or less of it's actual size. None of the parameters are visible. I have to drag the lower right corner of the window to open it to the correct size. And If I drag it beyond the borders of the plugin, I get a bunch of lines instead of blank space, like the plugin is drawing window borders outside of the actual plugin window.

Mildly annoying, but functional. F-em sounds great! I'm glad I bought it.

Return to “Tracktion”