CK_Modules (SE) VST/FX now Freeware

Official support for: chriskerry.f9.co.uk
Locked New Topic

magicmusic wrote:look in Video. when i move mouse without click, over the 4 bar select boxes the view change during mouse move. Only when press left mouse button in 1 of the 4 boxes all work well later.
but luckily Problem can solve with a single click on the right place. it seem not mulab, because cubase 7 have problem too. maybe it is newer VST sdk this software use. i only have new software versions to test.
PATTERN_ARP

OK, this video really helped - after i squinted very hard several times to see what was happening :wink:

the other PatArp seemed to start up in a strange mode, i have solved the problem. That happened because the instance is loaded into 'dirty' memory. I have made sure the PatArps start up in the correct mode everytime now.

Use the previous download link for the fix.

Seems the beta test phase has finally begun :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Seems the beta test phase has finally begun :)
Cheeky! you didn't notice these things before even with your meticulous knob fiddling obsession (just paraphrasing what you said before :wink:)

Just tidying up the loose ends.....dotting the i's and crossing the T's as it were, i would prefer. :D

C.Kerry wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Seems the beta test phase has finally begun :)
Cheeky! you didn't notice these things before even with your meticulous knob fiddling obsession (just paraphrasing what you said before :wink:)

Just tidying up the loose ends.....dotting the i's and crossing the T's as it were, i would prefer. :D

Hehe :) No, my obsession applies to synth patches only, not to Midi stuff like sequencers or arps. And I never really got started with that obsession on your synths, I felt overwhelmed after a few hours, frankly.
Plus, despite the fair size, the user interface is kind of smallish given the sheer amount of controls. Since my vision is not that good anymore, that doesn't exactly help... For instance the value in the display is way too dark, and orange on gray is also not so good in terms of contrast.

Since my midi controller is broken I was just using the built-in keyboard and noticed that unlike the one in the ME80 the one in your synths does not allow keeping the mouse pressed and moving up and down the keyboard.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Question:
when installing a new version, is it necassary to delete all the SEM files first?

Chris-S wrote:Question:
when installing a new version, is it necassary to delete all the SEM files first?
The folder with all those modules is created by the dll, so it might make sense to delete the folder before you replace the dll so that the folder is created anew.

C.Kerry wrote:
magicmusic wrote:look in Video. when i move mouse without click, over the 4 bar select boxes the view change during mouse move. Only when press left mouse button in 1 of the 4 boxes all work well later.
but luckily Problem can solve with a single click on the right place. it seem not mulab, because cubase 7 have problem too. maybe it is newer VST sdk this software use. i only have new software versions to test.
PATTERN_ARP

OK, this video really helped - after i squinted very hard several times to see what was happening :wink:

the other PatArp seemed to start up in a strange mode, i have solved the problem. That happened because the instance is loaded into 'dirty' memory. I have made sure the PatArps start up in the correct mode everytime now.

Use the previous download link for the fix.
thanks, now it work correct. But you need do the same fix in the Poly step sequencer. I look on file. it is the version before 5 days.
Also the Problem in the arp that the area to click to change the Midi out channel is only 1 Pixel big, is now fixed.

Can you please find or tell a solution that with mouse move accidently velocity or gate length is change, because it is so hard to move the mouse realy straight in 1 direction without change other direction a little. maybe it is possible to change the gate time when press middle mouse key or so and left button change only Velocitiy. I use a Full HD display, GUI is small but ok. But i need set the mouse resolution high enough that i not need move 1 Meter to move mouse from left to right.

Edit: i find in the pattern Editor, Problem that the sequence Note offset is not set to 0, when transpose midi channel is set to off. Only when load the song in again it is set to 0. this can give strange effects when play with sequence offset and later set to off and load such a song in again
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

fluffy_little_something wrote:Since my vision is not that good anymore, that doesn't exactly help... For instance the value in the display is way too dark, and orange on gray is also not so good in terms of contrast.
My eyes are far from perfect but to say the Value in the Global Parameter display is too dark is surprising since it is Bright purple/blue on an almost black background, and the Bright Orange text is on a Dark Grey background both offer high contrast, although it would be quite small on a HD monitor, on my 1440x900 monitor it is ok.
Also those Orange&Grey are mostly Options, click on them and the PopUp is standard Black and White text options, can't get more contrast than that.

I know you've also mentioned issues like this with Gunnar's ME80v2 as well, maybe a trip to the opticians to double check your prescription would be a prudent move; i'm at that age where eyesight can change quite rapidly. Just a suggestion.

To a certain extent you are probably right, it might also be because of these frosted glass windows and the intense sunshine here, this apartment is flooded in light :? Now that it is dark contrast is clearly better.
Another reason is that I sit and look at the monitor like health professionals recommend it, i.e. really horizontally. Some developers make their user interfaces on laptops, though, at which however they usually look from above. When looking from above colors tend to be brighter than when looking at them horizontally. (I am speaking of flat screens, of course.)

fluffy_little_something wrote:To a certain extent you are probably right, it might also be because of these frosted glass windows and the intense sunshine here, this apartment is flooded in light :? Now that it is dark contrast is clearly better.
Another reason is that I sit and look at the monitor like health professionals recommend it, i.e. really horizontally. Some developers make their user interfaces on laptops, though, at which however they usually look from above. When looking from above colors tend to be brighter than when looking at them horizontally. (I am speaking of flat screens, of course.)
The monitor polarising layers differ greatly between manufacturers/models. I adjust the angle of the screen to produce the brightest white across the whole display in a comfortable sitting position. Open NotePad and maximise it - then play with the monitor angle. If I view horizontally at the centre then the top of my Hanns-G monitor appears yellowish, at about 20deg tilted down I get the best overall whiteness top to bottom, which surely must provide the best overall contrast.

We need Amoled monitors we can afford :neutral:

Where are we going to, there...?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

magicmusic wrote:thanks, now it work correct. But you need do the same fix in the Poly step sequencer. I look on file. it is the version before 5 days.
Also the Problem in the arp that the area to click to change the Midi out channel is only 1 Pixel big, is now fixed.

Can you please find or tell a solution that with mouse move accidently velocity or gate length is change, because it is so hard to move the mouse realy straight in 1 direction without change other direction a little. maybe it is possible to change the gate time when press middle mouse key or so and left button change only Velocitiy. I use a Full HD display, GUI is small but ok. But i need set the mouse resolution high enough that i not need move 1 Meter to move mouse from left to right.

Edit: i find in the pattern Editor, Problem that the sequence Note offset is not set to 0, when transpose midi channel is set to off. Only when load the song in again it is set to 0. this can give strange effects when play with sequence offset and later set to off and load such a song in again
OK, Pattern_ARP and PolyStepSequencer (v2.11) updates now available.
I altered the Note Editing to have a +/-6 pixel X/Y zone around the click point before changes begin, so it is easier to change just one of the Velocity or Gate settings.

I don't quite understand what you mean in your Edit comments.
The Transpose Midi Setting keeps it value when reloaded - i just checked it now.
There is no 'Note Offset' - there is a 'Start' is that what you meant?
The Green box above the grid only allows you to scroll the pattern window - since this does not affect playback at all it is not stored in the patch.

You can make the grid display more steps in the window - click the box underneath the grid on the right hand side. The 'tooltip' says 'Display Steps' - you can change it to show the whole 64 steps.

thanks, poly step seq work and with the velocity change is ok too when have 16 display steps.i better use 8 display steps so gate can set more better
There is no 'Note Offset' - there is a 'Start' is that what you meant?
I mean with note offset the transpose value of a note.

You can see problem with this test. change transpose midi channel to 1. Now click on button -12 to transpose the sequence 1 Octave down. Now change "transpose midi channel" to off. The sequence is still play 1 Octave down. Press on the 0 Button or other button to change transpose do now not work. when save and reload this, then the sequence is play with transpose 0 instead of -12. I think better is, when the transpose of the sequence can do with the buttons even when "transpose midi channel is off". So a sequence can play transposed easy always and with "transpose midi channel off" it is always play transpose at the number the button is pressed.
Which transpose is see when change midi channel is 1-16 and when hold the key on the keyboard the value between -12 12 is show. maybe the transpose numer button can show always pressed, so see it always also in "transpose midi channel off" ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote:I mean with note offset the transpose value of a note.

You can see problem with this test. change transpose midi channel to 1. Now click on button -12 to transpose the sequence 1 Octave down. Now change "transpose midi channel" to off. The sequence is still play 1 Octave down. Press on the 0 Button or other button to change transpose do now not work. when save and reload this, then the sequence is play with transpose 0 instead of -12. I think better is, when the transpose of the sequence can do with the buttons even when "transpose midi channel is off". So a sequence can play transposed easy always and with "transpose midi channel off" it is always play transpose at the number the button is pressed.
Which transpose is see when change midi channel is 1-16 and when hold the key on the keyboard the value between -12 12 is show. maybe the transpose numer button can show always pressed, so see it always also in "transpose midi channel off" ?
Oh, I see.

It depends if you are using Release or Hold Transpose mode.
In RELEASE mode the pattern is only transposed while the note is held down, then it returns to Zero transpose.
In HOLD mode if you tranpose the pattern and then change the Midi Tranpose Channel to OFF then of course no other transpose CHANGES will occur because it is turned OFF and no Midi information is transmitted (Transpose Midi Channel = OFF)

Midi Transpose is a 'live' feature since it is MIDI i.e. the transposition is not saved in the patch, so, of course if you reload the song the default transposition is Zero. Only when a MIDI transpose note is played will the transpose change.

The +/-12 buttons on the GUI panel are Midi Keys, just like a keyboard, they need to know which Midi Channel to transmit on - if you set OFF then they don't transmit anything.
Those buttons are there to allow you to play live or RECORD live transpositions you play using the GUI.

So, that aspect will not be changed.

Hope that clears everything up :)

I remember it took me some time to figure out more or less how the sequencer works (I am sure I have not understood everything, yet) :)

Return to “CK Modules & VST”