The Hang - poll closed

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Alchemy has been the one VI I never cared if I was bloating or not by getting everything from the company and almost everything from 3rd party development. Watching the news last night about the going-ons in France has me wondering even more dire speculations of what is happening in our old world families. So I've always been more than satisfied with the synth and it's offerings. I often use it as a sub-tonic/subliminal saturater and in painting terms refer to it as the jesso that underlies the picture creating the depth.

That being said, whatever their tribulation is now, I feel I am covered well enough to let it be without regrets (missing only the set bundle for Absynth/Massive, which wasn't much on my radar anyway).

I would also say, that for this poll, I would then change my vote from Alchemy and Kontakt to Kontakt and HALion. I recently tested it and PadShopPro and was very pleased with my findings (both of the eLicenser and the instruments themselves). While it does seem to have a different character than Alchemy (almost crystally clean as compared to the dark grit I love so much in the Camel); it does give me the added dimension to what else I own.
Mach 5 is something I like the sound in but the protection intrusion software will continue to make it a non-sequitur.

So I'll keep my Camel as long as possible. But I now vote Kontakt 5 and HALion 5.

Nice to see you walking the HALion road :)

I bought Alchemy first because it is a great program, but more specifically so that I could use your sound banks. It would be a shame if you never made any again, especially if the Camels (under whatever guise) don't. I always preferred yours anyway, although Camel did have some mighty fine banks.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

More peeps, including me, voted for Alchemy than Kontakt 4. Which I also voted for. Legacy support FTW! Oh...wait...

Also noticed the pool poll has some wet hanging chads. Hope this doesn't mess with the results. Democratic sound design needs more popular support. Can't we just vote for all the formats? :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

anxiousmofo wrote:I bought Alchemy first because it is a great program, but more specifically so that I could use your sound banks. It would be a shame if you never made any again, especially if the Camels (under whatever guise) don't. I always preferred yours anyway, although Camel did have some mighty fine banks.
Thank's - but investing months of work into a dying format which will stop working in a few years from now just feels wrong, and any new library for Alchemy won't sell in a way that it would be worth the effort. It is a shame really and I'm slightly angry at those Camel guys tbh.

mandolarian wrote:More peeps, including me, voted for Alchemy than Kontakt 4. Which I also voted for. Legacy support FTW! Oh...wait...

Also noticed the pool poll has some wet hanging chads. Hope this doesn't mess with the results. Democratic sound design needs more popular support. Can't we just vote for all the formats? :D
We will have legacy parties and nostalgia soirées where Alchemists gather around a large table with resynthesized walnuts. The poll is now more or less worthless, but I got an idea, please vote for anything you like multiple times I will have to make new plans now anyway.

Sampleconstruct wrote:We will have legacy parties and nostalgia soirées where Alchemists gather around a large table with resynthesized walnuts. The poll is now more or less worthless, but I got an idea, please vote for anything you like multiple times I will have to make new plans now anyway.
I'm voting for thought sound libraries. No OS/plugin dependencies. Delivery method: Kreskin encryption.

Maybe the first library could be the idealized unheard sound of bent spoons. Or spent boons for a relaxed ambient thought release.

The first review: "This library sounded perfect. In my head. Thanks, Patchpool!"

You could even release more than one idea at a time:

Fully Realized Sonic Thought Bundle - Now with more experimental sound-thought-scapes!

Modulate all the deep thought parameters all at once, using only.... your mind!

It's a rough idea. But, if you could read my mind, you'd know that's how I think. :D

mandolarian wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:We will have legacy parties and nostalgia soirées where Alchemists gather around a large table with resynthesized walnuts. The poll is now more or less worthless, but I got an idea, please vote for anything you like multiple times I will have to make new plans now anyway.
I'm voting for thought sound libraries. No OS/plugin dependencies. Delivery method: Kreskin encryption.

Maybe the first library could be the idealized unheard sound of bent spoons. Or spent boons for a relaxed ambient thought release.

The first review: "This library sounded perfect. In my head. Thanks, Patchpool!"

You could even release more than one idea at a time:

Fully Realized Sonic Thought Bundle - Now with more experimental sound-thought-scapes!

Modulate all the deep thought parameters all at once, using only.... your mind!

It's a rough idea. But, if you could read my mind, you'd know that's how I think. :D
Now we're talking!

You hear what I have in mind? Cool. Sorry about the noise. And all the cats.

Just looking at the 'poll'... wondering why Kontakt 4 is even there?

Shouldn't it come down to just the three now? (if in fact you plan to make another one).
Then the copy protection of each comes into play as much as the licensing for them.
Forgive me, but I'm relatively a late starter with Kontakt and only have 5 anyway, so I really haven't caught the idea of why many have chose to use it instead.

And of course, if you do this for Kontakt, couldn't there be a small set for Alchemy included with it like some of your other sound sets have had?

BBFG# wrote:Just looking at the 'poll'... wondering why Kontakt 4 is even there?

Shouldn't it come down to just the three now? (if in fact you plan to make another one).
Then the copy protection of each comes into play as much as the licensing for them.
Forgive me, but I'm relatively a late starter with Kontakt and only have 5 anyway, so I really haven't caught the idea of why many have chose to use it instead.

And of course, if you do this for Kontakt, couldn't there be a small set for Alchemy included with it like some of your other sound sets have had?
Most of my Kontakt stuff was developed in version 4, only recently many users seem to have updated to version 5, so that's why.

I will not develop anything for Alchemy anymore, I am still quite angry and feel let down, so I will sell the existing libs until the lights go out (I assume there won't be any more sales though which has quite an impact on patchpool) and then probably recycle some of the content for other platforms, but for me as it is now, Alchemy is dead.

If things do change again and a new developer who acquired the CA technology in fact does release something like Alchemy 2 (which I am sure won't happen), then I will reconsider this topic of course.

I will buy Aqualignum at some point. That's the only one I don't have. I was hoping that you would at least consider throwing us Alchemy subscription holders a bone here and there, though.

:D
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

I treasure the Alchemy subcription, albeit now possibly buried treasure.

The question comes back to the original topic though...

What are your plans for "The Hang" and in which format?

anxiousmofo wrote:I will buy Aqualignum at some point. That's the only one I don't have. I was hoping that you would at least consider throwing us Alchemy subscription holders a bone here and there, though.

:D
That's always an option :D

Return to “patchpool”