Keeping Track of Samples and Patches

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have a couple-o-questions ...

1. Simon has produced an enormous amount of samples and patches. I'm curious ... how do users keep track off their sounds and patches and which ones they like or don't like, how they're used etc? I use a spreadsheet and make notes to that ... but it's a chore due to the large amount of Simon's stuff that I have. Maybe someone else has a better way.

2. For Iris users ... how have you organized your subscription patches? Right now I just have 'em stashed in my folder alphabetically ... but there's a lot of 'em so I always end up wasting time tryin' to find stuff. Has anyone found it useful to group them vs their corresponding subscription issue number ... either by using folders or annotating the file name?

Thanks!

KenB

I'll make this topic a sticky for a while.

Actually I think tags system of some sort would be the best method. So you just search for keywords on the sounds properties, the projects they are used on, the date last used etc. The sounds themselves can be placed on any disk. If the disk is on off line then it could greyed out but still identified..

When I was setting up my old system, I was able to search my mail for the last five years for all my software purchases, and it worked with out fail.

I want to buy a Cloud storage solution in th near future, for now I have a plan to have three physical disks with all the sounds for backup..

Publishing tracks to Soundcloud is also a good way to keep track of things origin, from the date published I can find all the files produced with my host programs and track down the sounds used that way..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Return to “patchpool”