RELATED
PRODUCTS
Midside Tiltshift
Naenyn
KVRian
Topic Starter
963 posts since 26 Sep, 2013 from Arizona, USA

Post Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:59 am

I hadn't heard of Goodhertz before the KVR news item about them releasing their Faraday Limiter. Any fans of their products here? Which would you recommend?

Naenyn
KVRian
Topic Starter

Post Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:12 pm

So, no Goodhertz users here then?

asksol
KVRist
289 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from San Francisco

Post Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:01 pm

I have and love Lossy, but this is more of a special interest effect. It emulates the chirping side effects of mp3 encoding,
and while you can get a similar sound from spectral tools this is spot on.

I demoed the others, but already have that covered by other plugins. Maybe I'll get the vulf compressor in a sale, but then I think I'd have to beg for another demo period first.

SWAN808
KVRAF
1726 posts since 28 Dec, 2007

Post Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:59 pm

Im really suprised more arent talking about Vulf compressor - really cool - might have to buy it...and several of their others are suprising good also...really quite like them...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

devkerr
KVRist
45 posts since 8 Jun, 2010 from Los Angeles

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:31 pm

asksol wrote:I have and love Lossy, but this is more of a special interest effect. It emulates the chirping side effects of mp3 encoding,
and while you can get a similar sound from spectral tools this is spot on.

I demoed the others, but already have that covered by other plugins. Maybe I'll get the vulf compressor in a sale, but then I think I'd have to beg for another demo period first.
Know this thread is a little old, but feel free to send us an email if you need another trial of Vulf Compressor. It's definitely worth a listen!

Glad you like Lossy. We're working on a "Inverse" mode at the moment that gives you only the stuff MP3 throws away.

DonHepe
KVRist
92 posts since 6 Jul, 2014

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:02 pm

I've only used Faraday limiter (drum bus) and it's good, thou HQ mode is a real cpu hog.

Beatworld
KVRist
459 posts since 31 Dec, 2010 from Perth

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:40 pm

I'm a big fan of Goodhertz.
Discovered them via the Faraday Limiter which really impressed me.
Had it running on all sorts of things like drum bus, vocals, bass.

Then I demoed the rest of the range.
Now I've purchased the whole catalogue, apart from Can Opener Studio.

Vulf Compressor is special, does some things not many other comps do.
As for hilo and Lossy, while I probably can get the same results with other plugins I have, I ended up getting them as they are simple and fun to use.
Tone Control is very simple but can produce great results.
Sometimes I like have less options bands wise.

Plus, there is a special 15% deal on purchases of 3 or more plugins at once.
It isn't well advertised but when I contacted Goodhertz they told me what to do when checking out

I really like the GUI's, clever simple lay outs packed with nice features when you get to know them.
No I do not work for Goodhertz or have any relationship with them.

This mix has Goodhertz all over it, every plugin I've got is used, most multiple instances.
On the stereo bus, guitars, keys, drums and vocals. (There are other plugins used as well).

https://soundcloud.com/user7538266/whet ... r-2015-ms3

devkerr
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:25 pm

DonHepe wrote:I've only used Faraday limiter (drum bus) and it's good, thou HQ mode is a real cpu hog.
Yeah, HQ Mode can be a hog. We're working on some improvements that should at least double the HQ Mode efficiency, and FWIW, we're doing higher quality upsampling than most other plugin companies :)

Naenyn
KVRian
Topic Starter

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Beatworld wrote:I'm a big fan of Goodhertz.
Thanks for sharing your experience with them! They do seem to be very high quality. I've wondered why they aren't talked about more... Maybe because they're Mac-only?

ANYwho, I enjoyed the remix you linked. Sounds pretty good! Sometimes I felt like the vocals got lost in the mix, but otherwise it sounded good to me!

Beatworld
KVRist
459 posts since 31 Dec, 2010 from Perth

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:43 pm

Naenyn wrote:
Beatworld wrote:I'm a big fan of Goodhertz.
Thanks for sharing your experience with them!
ANYwho, I enjoyed the remix you linked. Sounds pretty good! Sometimes I felt like the vocals got lost in the mix, but otherwise it sounded good to me!
Thanks.
The level of the vocals reflects the vocalists view on where her vocals should sit as much as anything else. :wink:

blortblort
KVRAF
3193 posts since 20 Sep, 2004 from Atlanta

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:06 pm

went to the site and blown away by LoHi and Lossy...only ta find all the goodhertz goodies are for mac :(

I know there are probably plenty of filters out there that are comparable, but I don't think I've ever heard anything recently that does what Lossy does!
...any suggestions for windows cousins for either of these two (LoHi and Lossy)?

devkerr
KVRist

Post Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:14 am

blortblort wrote:went to the site and blown away by LoHi and Lossy...only ta find all the goodhertz goodies are for mac :(

I know there are probably plenty of filters out there that are comparable, but I don't think I've ever heard anything recently that does what Lossy does!
...any suggestions for windows cousins for either of these two (LoHi and Lossy)?
Sorry about that! Wish you could use them.

We haven't ruled out PC versions at some point, but unfortunately, it wouldn't happen in the near future.

Naenyn
KVRian
Topic Starter

Post Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:48 pm

Beatworld wrote:Plus, there is a special 15% deal on purchases of 3 or more plugins at once.
It isn't well advertised but when I contacted Goodhertz they told me what to do when checking out
@devkerr Is there a discount code somewhere? How about making a bundle available instead..?

devkerr
KVRist

Post Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Naenyn wrote:
Beatworld wrote:Plus, there is a special 15% deal on purchases of 3 or more plugins at once.
@devkerr Is there a discount code somewhere? How about making a bundle available instead..?
We're working on bundles but aren't quite ready to launch them yet. If you contact us directly, though, we can generate a one-time coupon for you -> https://goodhertz.co/contact

devkerr
KVRist

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:20 am

Naenyn wrote: @devkerr Is there a discount code somewhere? How about making a bundle available instead..?
Quick update here: I'm happy to report we've added bundle discounts to the Goodhertz store (which will replace the bundle coupon code): https://goodhertz.co/order

Return to “Effects”