The most closest vst to Yamaha FS1R is ....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cryophonik wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:59 pm
Deisss wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:41 pm Bumping this thread:

can someone (owner/ex-owner) of a FS1r gives me a clue if the patch at 35sec to 1min 25, could come from a FS1r unit (the kind of weird ambient voice/breathe on top of the sine pad)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muNKZK5aSNQ
It's been about 10 years since I last owned a FS1R and I'm not the type to sit around memorizing presets, but that *could* certainly have been from an FS1R. It sounds like it's probably from either an FM or possibly additive synth to. Regardless, there are other synths that could probably make the same/very similar sound (e.g., Blue2).
Sweet, so let's try to see if someone is able to provide me some basic stuff to start generating the OSC code :P

Deisss wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:41 pm can someone (owner/ex-owner) of a FS1r gives me a clue if the patch at 35sec to 1min 25, could come from a FS1r unit (the kind of weird ambient voice/breathe on top of the sine pad)?
Could be a FS1r but I can't remind a preset that sounded like this. To me it reminded me more to the soundscapes by Tangerine Dream in their 1982-1983 White Eagle/Hyperborea period. Which was pre-FS1r.

Introspective wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:00 pm
I'd take a FIZMO.

...And an FS1R.
Yes to both! Very much, please!
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Most people don't understand FMX 8-operator FM implemented in the FS1R and the Montage, FMX adds a set of complex wave forms with LOTS of harmonics. It doesn't just add 2 more operators, it's much more than that. The new waveforms dramatically expand the capability of the engine, but you need to learn how to use them... I have a free manual that describes how it's used, along with a section on how Formants are used with FM.
http://javelinart.com/fm-synth-programming.html (http://javelinart.com/fm-synth-programming.html)
It takes a Spectrum Analyzer to get the most out of the FS1R...
I routinely run out of operators on the FS1R using the new waveforms, and even using the 8 unvoiced operators in resonance mode as oscillators.

I had fun with a friend's fs1r way back when. Mostly just overmodulating things and sampling the weird aliasing for drums. I was never super blown away by the formant stuff though. It sounds like a snazzy romper in most of the presets. I've done some formant synthesis experiments on my own recently and I'm curious if the fs1r is basically doing a form of FOF synthesis. With a pretty simple setup one can make some super cool "voice like" sounds that don't really resemble a human vocal tract. Is there a flow chart or a decent description of how the processing is set up in there. I love the an1x and the little FM groove box they did in the very late nineties and I wish I still had them.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”