Kontakt 6 - any rumors about release?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt

Zombie Queen wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
egbert wrote:That tiny Kontakt editor sucks bigtime. Emagic's EXS24 allowed for a full screen editing page for setting zones etc over 20 years ago. Why can't Kontakt standalone spawn an independent resizable instrument building screen.
It can. You can expand the mapping and wave editors in separate windows with their own sizes.
It's easy to overlook this feature... for those still scratching heads:
kontakt editor.jpg
Ooooh, that's cool... didn't know. Thanks. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I didn't know that you can edit the playlist to modify the window size presets. It's really cool!

Zombie Queen wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
egbert wrote:That tiny Kontakt editor sucks bigtime. Emagic's EXS24 allowed for a full screen editing page for setting zones etc over 20 years ago. Why can't Kontakt standalone spawn an independent resizable instrument building screen.
It can. You can expand the mapping and wave editors in separate windows with their own sizes.
It's easy to overlook this feature... for those still scratching heads:
kontakt editor.jpg
Thank you!

The GUI is really dated, tiny little boxes with waveforms or information boxes, almost too small to use in 4K. Library sorting is a pain as well, all the GUI love has gone in to Maschine.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Any improvement for the komplete kontrol integration ?
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

What exactly do you mean by that?

Support for 3rd party libraries and less “plug-in not found” errors
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

The second thing is not really up to Kontakt at all. 3rd party libraries already work, though (with the caveat that snapshots are supposed to go to User Content folder, rather than within library folder)?

KK integration is a two-edged sword. SonicCouture is making everything for it now (incl. new 'upgraded' versions of the majority of things I have by them, even freebies they add on with a purchase). It means that the Host Automation list they create for instruments is fixed, you can't do a thing with it now. It also means serial numbers and Kontakt Player libraries out of it.

I like the snapshots aspect. I don't need to futz around with 'what folder' like that, User Content is kind of numero uno here as it is: Documents/Native Instruments []; which is where my "Kontakt Libraries" lives too.

Now it has been released!

Wow, unlike Reaktor 6 it doesn't look like anything useful was done to Kontakt 6. I guess I'll wait for a fire sale or K7
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

we waited so many years for such a small amount of new features.
wavetable is the only interesting one IMO. but competitors added it to their samplers in much less time.
Last edited by spinettim on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.synkrostudio.it, www. roundoround.com

SJ_Digriz wrote:Wow, unlike Reaktor 6 it doesn't look like anything useful was done to Kontakt 6.
From developer side that's totally not correct. :)

spinettim wrote:we waited so many years for such a small amount of new features
Yeah, I´ve never ever been so totally underwhelmed by a new VST-software version release.
:-o

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”