o clip au version validation

Official support for: audio.d3ck.net
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello there,

got a problem with the au version of o-lip. i have updated to 1.6, however logic pro x still lists o-clip 1.5 in the au manager and reports a failed validation of the old version (1.6 is validated, though). i really don't know why this happens - i only have one o-clip component in my plugins folder (which should be the newer version) so logic actually couldn't/shouldn't know about a second version at all. any ideas or suggestions? this is pretty annoying for every time logic scans the plugins it reports this failure. deleting the infamous .plist file didn't work neither.

thanks

-simon

Have you looked in both component folders?
At some point we changed the installation location from the user's home directory
Users/<username>/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
to the global one:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

cheers!

JM

yes, i have checked on that - and there is no plugin in the user directory (at all, that is)... that's what's so weird about it, i really cannot figure out where the other version lies hidden...

did you try removing it all, the 1.6 too? Does it still show up?

dasdeck wrote:Did you try removing it all, the 1.6 too? Does it still show up?

ah - we're getting closer now :D after removing the component from the plugin folder both, version 1.5 and 1.6 aren't listed in the au-manager any more. but if i put the component back they're both there again. at first i thought about just re-installing it, but actually i did install the version 1.6 whereupon the problem occurred...

do you think this might be a bug in the 1.6 file or do you have any other idea what to do about it?

Sim.Sky wrote:do you think this might be a bug in the 1.6 file or do you have any other idea what to do about it?
I don't think it has anything to do with the binary. I suspect the installer failed at some point?
So does the 1.6 now work if you install it from an empty start?

I'll have time to take a close look into this the next few days.

Cheers!

i'm afraid, but - nope. removed everything, installed the latest version and it added 1.6 and 1.5 again.

Sim.Sky wrote:i'm afraid, but - nope. removed everything, installed the latest version and it added 1.6 and 1.5 again.
Thanks for testing :)
I'll fix it asap.

Cheers!

never mind, glad i could contribute at least something ;)
looking forward to the update and thanks for your support!

I was able to reproduce the behaviour, however, the latest Version does not suffer from this issue, so I'll put this error on the stack in case it shows up again.

You can update to the latest beta version (1.7), which should be just as stable as version 1.6.

http://archive.d3ck.net/beta

cheers!

JM

yes, 1.7 solved it - thanks again!

Return to “audioD3CK”