Izotope Shutter Edit on Sale - you think version 2 is coming ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Stutter Edit

Hello KVR Users

Izotope Shutter Edit is on sale again for 99 Dollar (lower on other websites)

You think a Version 2 is coming soon ?

The plugin is release in 2011 http://rekkerd.org/izotope-and-bt-intro ... tter-edit/
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I think it goes on sale every other month and am not surprised that it is on sale now.

stutter Edit 2? I don't think iZotope actually would put much into a version 2 to make it worth the upgrade considering their recent track record of upgrades.

I can confidently predict that there will never be a version 2 of Izotope Shutter Edit

If there will be a version 2 it will just be the stutter part without the edit.

"We heard that some users were overwhelmed by the myriad of controls and choices on Stutter Edit 1. So, we went back to the drawing board and we asked one two-part question, 'What would make it easy enough for a baboon to use it and yet still allows us to charge twice as much for it?'

Well, after nearly 4 minutes of brain storming, it came to us! We present to you Stutter Edit 2: The One-knob B.T.-izer...."

I think Stutter Edit is so packed with possibilities that it would be hard to upgrade it, so it would be a simplified version if it did get released. I think BT designed it for his own use mostly so I doubt that he would want to slim it back.. Naw no Stutter Edit 2 is coming..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

jsp1979 wrote:"We heard that some users were overwhelmed by the myriad of controls and choices on Stutter Edit 1. So, we went back to the drawing board and we asked one two-part question, 'What would make it easy enough for a baboon to use it and yet still allows us to charge twice as much for it?'

Well, after nearly 4 minutes of brain storming, it came to us! We present to you Stutter Edit 2: The One-knob B.T.-izer...."
And they moved all the features into Stutter Edit 2.0 Advanced that is 3x the price of a crippled 2.0. :-).

They don't need to update Stutter Edit, it's already nice. They could possibly make it more streamlined, but it's fine as it is.

But BreakTweaker could definitely use a version 2.0. Damn that thing could be a really great drum/groove machine if they ironed out it's limitations. It's funny, BreakTweaker is too limited and Stutter Edit is overflowing with features people don't know what to do with.

Stutter Edit looks impressive on the video at least and the price of 100 USD is more resonable. I don't need it right now, but it' on my wish list.

Anybody actually used it and can compare to other effectors out there?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

It's fun but takes a while to set it up as it requires as separate MIDI track, unlike Sugar Bytes similar effects that are no-brainers to drop into a track. I suspect the original design for Stutter (not Shutter) Edit was as a very creative DJ tool for on-the-spot effects via MIDI controllers.

ksandvik wrote:It's fun but takes a while to set it up as it requires as separate MIDI track, unlike Sugar Bytes similar effects that are no-brainers to drop into a track.
Unless you use Bitwig! Then you have midi control of instruments and effects on the same track (just modify the note ranges to each device). It's awesome for this kind of thing. But yeah I like the sugar bytes methods the best as well. Effectrix in particular is brilliant how the pattern changes is an automatable 12 step parameter as well as responding to midi. Never seen that before but lets you control it however you want.

As for stutter edit, it needs automatable controls. Nothing in the whole interface is auotomatable or mappable except for mod wheel and that one filter control.

It's fun but takes a while to set it up as it requires as separate MIDI track
So it only looks smooth on the video, but in reality is not? Well, from a product in this price range I expect streamlined GUI and easy operation.

And yes, I would like to use something like that both as a DJ and producer.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I don't should be a show stopper that it's hard to setup. You make you setup once and just reuse the settings...By copying either the track settings or using project templates..

midi effects usually have an extra step to set up, not really a big inconvenience.

You could you try the demo and see if it fits your requirements..

The problem with SE in Logic is, that if you want to stutter up instrument tracks, you will have to send them to a Bus and side-chain the signal into SE (used as a Midi-controlled AU-plugin/instrument) via that Bus. As the Bus signal in Logic is not delay-compensated, the resulting SE signal will always play a bit late which of course is a showstopper, so you will have to bounce/render the signal and then align it with the original signal to get things tight. If you use an audio track as side-chain input, this PDC issue does not occur in Logic.

I really liked SE when it was released 4 years ago and made a set for it, but then those stutter glitch sounds are very fashionable and that fashion is sort of over now, no? Still a very usable plugin though...

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... utter-edit

Sampleconstruct wrote:The problem with SE in Logic is, that if you want to stutter up instrument tracks, you will have to send them to a Bus and side-chain the signal into SE (used as a Midi-controlled AU-plugin/instrument) via that Bus. As the Bus signal in Logic is not delay-compensated, the resulting SE signal will always play a bit late which of course is a showstopper, so you will have to bounce/render the signal and then align it with the original signal to get things tight. If you use an audio track as side-chain input, this PDC issue does not occur in Logic.

I really liked SE when it was released 4 years ago and made a set for it, but then those stutter glitch sounds are very fashionable and that fashion is sort of over now, no? Still a very usable plugin though...

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... utter-edit
I must admit I haven't used it in Logic 9 ir Logic X, but am setting it up now. I think it's easy enough to setup. The tracking delay thing is going to be an issue though. I wonder for that problem is to render the tracks that you are effecting? And added tweak could be to delay all the tracks except the stutter edit midi input and Audio output...

Return to “Effects”