One year since any Amplitube Custom Shop *amps* have been released... :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 4 AmpliTube Custom Shop

Yes, I know, they are coming "soon" (since last year that has been said). A whole year is ridiculous. [/rant @ my favorite software company]

Say NO to CLAP!

Scuffham and Bias have been on my list to try out for a while. I just wish I had more tiiiime!

Angle Loss wrote:Yes, I know, they are coming "soon" (since last year that has been said). A whole year is ridiculous. [/rant @ my favorite software company]
Yes, I agree completely. Maybe the delay has to do with the forthcoming release of V4, which may or may not be a big overhaul. Peter, please pop in and tell us IK has big plans for Amplitube in 2015. :pray: :pray: :pray:

ummm..... wrong. I have Overloud, traded Scuffham, own Vandal, tried Positive Grid, and Recab4, and find Amplitube the best for my taste being a high gain guy. The Positive Grid stuff lacks the fizz but doesn't seem to have as much character and their amp models sound very samey to me. Vandal is cool but it doesn't sound like a real amp. The bass amp is incredible though. I won't knock Recab4, I think its cool but everything I have heard out of it is on the muddy side for me.

Its got enough amps. It needs more more-interesting pedals.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

AC222 wrote:
Angle Loss wrote:Yes, I know, they are coming "soon" (since last year that has been said). A whole year is ridiculous. [/rant @ my favorite software company]
Yes, I agree completely. Maybe the delay has to do with the forthcoming release of V4, which may or may not be a big overhaul. Peter, please pop in and tell us IK has big plans for Amplitube in 2015. :pray: :pray: :pray:
The next plans are: New amps first, then AmpliTube 4.

In terms of commercial amp modeling sims, I VERY MUCH SO prefer Recabinet 4 over everything else out there these days. The only other ones I really like are TH2 (despite the fact that I don't use it much these days for some reason) and then there's TSE X50. Revalver 4 is starting to grow on me after spending some time with it and especially after their recent Ellefson release. I have most of the Amplitube models, but I don't like a lot of the modeling, honestly. If I were to take a blind test of all amp sims, I'd most likely be able to tell which one was Amplitube. Not saying DEFINITELY as there's some good uses of it, but usually I can tell if it's Amplitube on distorted tones. It's not bad pre say, but it's not good either.

I have to also say that I have recently joined the Recabinet bandwagon. At first I resisted the idea of buying the latest version (with Thermionik) because I was fairly happy with all my amps in Amplitube - even though I would frequently turn off their speaker modeling and use Recabinet instead. But then I began to get interested and finally bought Recabinet 4; playing them side by side I can definitely hear + feel the difference. The only thing that currently limits Recabinet 4 is the lack of amp models, but they are getting ready to implement a whole truckload of new ones in the next few months. If I were IK Mulitimedia I would chuck the idea of releasing new amp models (on the old platform) and concentrate on improving the modeling and releasing a new version.
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. [C. S. Lewis]

Both are being worked on. We're not a company that is forced to work on things serially and there's always a big picture / long-term strategy.

xphen0m wrote: It's not bad pre say, but it's not good either.
just one little thing, no offense intended, but it's "per se"
That's latin, and the meaning is: "in itself"

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
AC222 wrote:
The next plans are: New amps first, then AmpliTube 4.
Thanks so much for the update. Knowing that will keep my spirits up for a while :hihi:

I was mostly kidding but I am so glad you popped in. You're like Batman. Peter for President!!! :party:

Arrested Developer wrote:
xphen0m wrote: It's not bad pre say, but it's not good either.
just one little thing, no offense intended, but it's "per se"
That's latin, and the meaning is: "in itself"
I know. It was a typo. I was in the middle of several things while I typed that. Hooray for multitasking!

If we're still arguing about which ampsim does it, none of them do yet.

Wake me up in a decade. Maybe then.

Return to “Effects”