Presswerk 1.1 - new views + video

Official support for: u-he.com
User avatar
Urs
u-he
25734 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:02 am

Hi everyone,

Here's a new version of Presswerk:

Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSIHioY7RK8

Presswerk 1.1 is now available as a free update for Mac OS X and Windows. With Presswerk version 1.1 we added six new UI views – dedicated, streamlined versions of the interface to help you focus on a specific task and speed up your workflow. The six views are:
  • Drum Compressor
  • Vocal Compressor
  • M/S Program Compressor
  • Easy Compressor
  • Bus Compressor
  • Limiter
Here's our Quick Guide to Views

Presswerk 1.1 also introduces a preferences window where global options can be stored, and a MIDI learn screen to simplify MIDI mapping. Finally, we fixed a few small bugs.

To update Presswerk to version 1.1, simply download and install over your existing version.

Presswerk 1.1 Mac
Presswerk 1.1 Win
Presswerk 1.1 Linux (beta but stable)

Enjoy,

Urs & team

User avatar
KVRAF
10119 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:04 am

Great.
Thanks.
rsp
sound sculptist

User avatar
KVRAF
10119 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:27 am

What would have been fantastic for me is if the presets could be tied to the specific UI views....that is, when I choose a UI view it looks at the folder say called Vocal Compressor and allows me automatically to select presets from that folder only, as opposed to now where I have to browse the presets to the View Menu items or whatever it is called, then subfolders in there, hit a preset and it changes the UI or the UI changes from the INIT view directly without the presets automatically there.

even if I dont' use factory presets for compressors, I do always make my own presets.
thanks, just a suggestion.
rsp
sound sculptist

KVRian
751 posts since 15 Nov, 2005 from sweden

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:44 am

Congrats on the release. Congrats on surviving Messe and damn I rolled on the wood splinter shot :hihi: sexy booth too. great job.

KVRist
459 posts since 31 Dec, 2010 from Perth

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Thanks, looks interesting.

Is it backwards compatible ?
Do existing projects with it in open with the default full GUI view ??

Cheers

User avatar
KVRAF
21681 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:09 pm

They sure do.

KVRer
12 posts since 15 Jan, 2014

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:27 pm

I really like the new views. The different gui's do seem to have their own feel and character. I would like to be able to load them in "character".

KVRist
459 posts since 31 Dec, 2010 from Perth

Post Fri May 01, 2015 1:22 am

EvilDragon wrote:They sure do.
Thanks.

All ok here, phew.

cheers

KVRist
103 posts since 7 Sep, 2014

Post Fri May 01, 2015 3:06 am

Thanks for this amazing compressor! One of the main in my studio at this moment!

KVRian
546 posts since 23 Jun, 2005

Post Fri May 01, 2015 8:33 am

Awesome release! I noticed though that this isn't on the "latest releases" link you posted in another thread though (http://uhedownloads.heckmannaudiogmb.ne ... p=Releases)... still a bit confusing to keep track of what the latest recommended build of everything is, unless you're a frequent forum visitor.

User avatar
Urs
u-he

Topic Starter

25734 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Fri May 01, 2015 1:32 pm

mustgroove wrote:Awesome release! I noticed though that this isn't on the "latest releases" link you posted in another thread though (http://uhedownloads.heckmannaudiogmb.ne ... p=Releases)... still a bit confusing to keep track of what the latest recommended build of everything is, unless you're a frequent forum visitor.
When my wife called yesterday "I'm coming over with some sparkling" we had about 8 minutes to upload the three versions, publish the downloads, publish the website article, launch the newsletter and write this KVR article. I forgot to purge the CDN because the files are actually there, but the directory is still cached with the previous structure :oops:

User avatar
KVRist
56 posts since 21 Oct, 2012 from Denmark

Post Sat May 02, 2015 3:43 am

Urs wrote:When my wife called yesterday "I'm coming over with some sparkling" we had about 8 minutes to upload the three versions, publish the downloads, publish the website article, launch the newsletter and write this KVR article. I forgot to purge the CDN because the files are actually there, but the directory is still cached with the previous structure :oops:
Oh, I see how it is. Wife calls and suddenly we mean NOTHING to you! I suspected as much, but now I know!

(Obviously joking - you u-he guys are awesome! :) )
I make music like I play Tekken; randomly push buttons and hope for something good to happen.

KVRian
546 posts since 23 Jun, 2005

Post Sat May 02, 2015 11:52 am

Urs wrote:
mustgroove wrote:Awesome release! I noticed though that this isn't on the "latest releases" link you posted in another thread though (http://uhedownloads.heckmannaudiogmb.ne ... p=Releases)... still a bit confusing to keep track of what the latest recommended build of everything is, unless you're a frequent forum visitor.
When my wife called yesterday "I'm coming over with some sparkling" we had about 8 minutes to upload the three versions, publish the downloads, publish the website article, launch the newsletter and write this KVR article. I forgot to purge the CDN because the files are actually there, but the directory is still cached with the previous structure :oops:
Hahaha perfect excuse!

KVRist
82 posts since 4 Aug, 2014 from Montréal, Canada

Post Mon May 04, 2015 5:40 am

I just tried the demo this week-end...Fortunately I was sitting on my chair, IT IS GEORGEOUS ( sonically and visually ). You guys are the best in there.

KVRAF
2089 posts since 22 Jan, 2011 from near Los Angeles

Post Mon May 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Thank you for the new views! I forgot to thank Urs earlier for telling me how to enter my serial number in Hive BTW.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Return to “u-he”