Lynx 1.05 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lynx

Lynx is subtractive synth with a powerful wave editor, drawable waveforms and two stacked Unison oscillators. It is meant to have a limited set of features but still allowing for a lot of variety in sound. Made in SE with custom coded C++ modules.

Available as windows 32 and 64-bit VST2 and VST3.
VST2 versions might become unavailable and unsupported in the future.

http://www.xenobioz.com

Features are:
2 Drawable oscillators, each with up to 7 detunable voices for Unison.
Over 1000 presets categorized and accessible from a single menu.
A Wave Editor with many manipulation functions like:

FM and AM.
Different way of adding Harmonics.
Different kinds of random wave generation.
Multiple ways to generate complex waveforms.
Combinations like Add, Mulitply and Cycle.
Modifiers like Floor, Clip, Rectify and more.
Phase Distortion.
2 LFOs with Envelope and Step mode (Changes value only on new note).
2 ADSRs with adjustable curves.
64-bit version has a preset browser which can access all imported banks from the menu.

https://soundcloud.com/xenobioz/xenobioz-lynxotic
https://www.patreon.com/xenobioz
Last edited by Xenobioz on Wed May 13, 2020 11:05 am, edited 24 times in total.

I like the demo, but hate the knobs :) Also, you could just move the "lynx" logo where is currently says "Xenobioz" and place a lynx head dingbat of the sort in the freed space in the LFO section ;) Nit picking, I know :) But if you do plan on keeping these knobs, at least make the background blue or something... right now they don't look right at all. As usual - IMO :)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

OK, maybe I should change the blue on the knob. All my other synths are almost blue so I want to keep this red. It would be cool with a lynx head. I would want one that was made of original art though. Thanks for the feedback!

how about some knobs like this?

let me know if you like it. tell me the frame count and i will generate a strip. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Xenobioz wrote:OK, maybe I should change the blue on the knob.
It is very good that the knobs show that kind of information, showing the value they have been tweaked to.

If it is blue or not, doesn't matter that much to me. If you will change the color, I suggest to go with black/grey as it will stand well with the waveform window

layzer wrote:how about some knobs like this?

let me know if you like it. tell me the frame count and i will generate a strip. :)
That's nice, but the knobs on the old GUI looked almost the same (same knobs as in Lucid).
Numanoid wrote:
It is very good that the knobs show that kind of information, showing the value they have been tweaked to.

If it is blue or not, doesn't matter that much to me. If you will change the color, I suggest to go with black/grey as it will stand well with the waveform window
Yes, personally I like that knobs like they are now because the position is shown so clearly. I want almost flat knobs to fit the rest of the GUI and also those colored circles (the blue ones).

I quickly tried with knobs with inverted color (Black knob, yellow circle + arrow). That doesn't look too bad. The knobs melt in with the rest of the GUI more.

Xenobioz wrote:

That's nice, but the knobs on the old GUI looked almost the same (same knobs as in Lucid).
Numanoid wrote:

Yes, personally I like that knobs like they are now because the position is shown so clearly. I want almost flat knobs to fit the rest of the GUI and also those colored circles (the blue ones).

I quickly tried with knobs with inverted color (Black knob, yellow circle + arrow). That doesn't look too bad. The knobs melt in with the rest of the GUI more.
oh yeah, they do look like the old ones. i didnt even look back at the old ones.
well, i think the blue on the new ones is what looks out of place. maybe try red
instead. or getting rid of it completely and positioning the triangle pointer to the knob edge
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Xenobioz wrote:I would want one that was made of original art though.
How about this :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:
Xenobioz wrote:I would want one that was made of original art though.
How about this :oops:
That looks quite nice. Can you make it a .png with transparent background.
layzer wrote:
Xenobioz wrote:

Numanoid wrote:

oh yeah, they do look like the old ones. i didnt even look back at the old ones.
well, i think the blue on the new ones is what looks out of place. maybe try red
instead. or getting rid of it completely and positioning the triangle pointer to the knob edge
I will replace the blue then. Possibly with red.

There you go ;)

Thanks! I think I got some nice knobs know, I'll finish all of them and then add the Lynx logo. After that I will upload it here.

Here is my final GUI, hopefully everyone will think it's okay. I changed the color on your Lynx idfpower. I think it looks really nice with that color.

Xenobioz wrote:I changed the color on your Lynx idfpower. I think it looks really nice with that color.
Heh, do whatever you want with it :tu:

idfpower wrote:
Xenobioz wrote:I changed the color on your Lynx idfpower. I think it looks really nice with that color.
Heh, do whatever you want with it :tu:
Thanks! :)

You can now download Lynx Beta v0.7 from http://www.xenobioz.com

Enjoy!

Return to “Instruments”