TAL Sampler

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Sampler

fladd wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:18 pm
fladd wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:18 pm Some lighter colors for the new GUI:
(I had to ZIP the colour file in order to add it as an attachment here, so please unzip before trying to load it into TAL-sampler).

EDIT: slightly updated
Ah, nice, Patrick included my theme now in the new release (since 4.1.8; it is called "white" there), so no need to download this anymore.
Note that Patrick now made some changes to the "white" theme making it different to what I uploaded above (the new "white" has less contrast, e.g. hard to see which is the active tab).

Any news emptyvessel? What does TAL think about it?

It's difficult to watch that this update with certainly a good intention by TAL is eventually destroying a great product. :wink:

Finally updated to the new version with the new layout and granular option. Immediate dislikes: having to double click to load presets (why does anyone think that's a good idea?) and having to click a preview button for samples instead of just a single click on the sample. The interface overall is now very click intensive.

On the plus side the granular sounds great and the CPU isn't anywhere near as bad as Pigments.

The granular is great and low cpu yeah. I don't really understand the visualization though or why it goes in certain cirection. Would be good to have visuals of the grains themselves.

Vortifex wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:18 pm Finally updated to the new version with the new layout and granular option. Immediate dislikes: having to double click to load presets (why does anyone think that's a good idea?) and having to click a preview button for samples instead of just a single click on the sample. The interface overall is now very click intensive.

On the plus side the granular sounds great and the CPU isn't anywhere near as bad as Pigments.
definitely write Patrick as well, I also send him feedback, so hopefully he will improve or give more options :).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The Learn buttons for Root Key, High Key and Low Key are not functioning for me in Tal Sampler version 4.3.4. Do I need to activate something else somewhere in the sampler before these functions are accessable? I click on learn, and it doesnt appear to stay on, I have tried hold click and the button still only lights up briefly but does not work.

Processing the output of TAL Sampler with any kind of distortion or saturation is always producing a flubby pop/click on midi release. It's also pretty noticeable without processing on things like kicks. Not sure if this is a bug or just how things are implemented but it's pretty annoying it happens every time I'm messing with the sampler. Is this a known issue with other samplers too? Would love to see this fixed in the future

My free little multi-sampler tool ConvertWithMoss supports now the TAL Sampler format as well:
https://youtu.be/zSScCSmF06Q

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de

goodsine wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:53 pm Processing the output of TAL Sampler with any kind of distortion or saturation is always producing a flubby pop/click on midi release. It's also pretty noticeable without processing on things like kicks. Not sure if this is a bug or just how things are implemented but it's pretty annoying it happens every time I'm messing with the sampler. Is this a known issue with other samplers too? Would love to see this fixed in the future
I can't say I've noticed anything of the sort personally! I guess worst case scenario bounce the output and add an envelope? Obviously you won't want attack on a kick but it might sort the issue for other samples

Tried this on another TAL thread, but crickets, so posting here:

I am really liking TAL sampler (new user as of last month) but I'd like to dedicate a bit of hardware to it so that it can sit with my hardware synths, etc.

Does anyone have advice on a smallish rig specifically to recreate some of the 'vibe' of a rack sampler with TAL?

I was thinking maybe getting an old surface pro to run linux on with a 2x2 interface or the like.

anyone doing this?

How do you plan to interact with it? I'm not sure I see the point in racking something that needs its own mouse, keyboard and screen. If you can get it down to a few knobs and buttons then sure that sounds like a fun project; build/buy a mini PC like an NUC into a rack case with a 2x2 interface and a custom MIDI controller, boot into KXStudio with the plugin running in Carla and directly connected to I/O with JACK.

What midi commands does Tal respond to? If you can page through and load the presets with midi commands, then you can use a midi foot controller to load and change instruments without needing a screen.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

imrae wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:06 pm How do you plan to interact with it?
Currently I have had success with mapping it with a (non pro) beatstep on a laptop. I still use the mouse for loading samples, but can handle adsr, looping, etc with the knobs. Its not really useful out of the studio to faff around with an audio interface, laptop, cables, and a controller and certainly not in a live scenario. So I was hoping to find a way to get it down to a touch screen, some midi knobs, and a keyboard.

An ipad with koala connected via midi to my nord works for me…but I really like the sound of TAL when you take the bit depth and rate down to 10 or 12 and 25 or so. In fact, I usually prep samples for koala with it. Maybe I should just stick with that.

Hi,
just want to mention, some TAL-Products as listed here in KVR got a wrong price-tag
and sometimes the version number is out of date.
Would be nice someone could update.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”