MDrummer: Temp folder permission issues?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm getting the following errors when dragging a midi clip from MDrummer into different DAWs:

Ableton: The following error shows and no midi file is placed into the track

Reaper: A midi file is placed on the track but it shows up as offline (it still works though)

Cubase: A midi file is placed on the track but it is empty when I open it (no notes).

I'm using Win10x64 but had the same issues when I was using Win8.1x64.

I've tried running all DAWs in admin mode and my AppData/Local/Temp folder security permissions are set to Full Control for my Admin account and the "SYSTEM" account.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

hmmm, could you make a screen video?

I tried on Win 8.1 and:

Cubase: No problem whatsoever.

Reaper: no problem - it shows offline, yes, but it shows that always no idea why... there was some discussion about it years ago and turned out that "reaper just does that".

I'll check in Live asap.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks Vojtech.

I have some additional information that I think (hope) will be of assistance.

I tested midi drag/drop with several other instruments and took note of where they placed their temp midi files.
Each of these apps drag/drop works fine in both Reaper and Ableton. None of them show as "offline".

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\FXpansion\Geist\Temp\Pattern 1.mid
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Spark Dubstep\name.mid
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\name.mid
C:\Users\user\Documents\Addictive Drums 2\228321\Settings\name.mid
C:\ProgramData\Toontrack\Superior2\name.mid

MDrummer places the temp midi file here:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\TEMP.mid

It's possible that the issue doesn't relate to the directory but to the application permissions itself, but there's a definite possibility that the .mid file should be placed into a subfolder such as:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\MDrummer\name.mid
or
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\MDrummer\name.mid

I'm happy to test it for you if you want to change the directory to another location.

Thanks again.

Could you try drag & dropping that file in that location directly to the host from explorer? Anyway as I said, it seems working here just fine...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hey Vojtech, here are a couple of gifs comparing drag/drop between MDrummer and Spark:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\TEMP.mid

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Spark Dubstep\Uprise_A5.mid

Ok, so drop from explorer works, but not from MDrummer, right? That's probably some compatibility issue in Live, but you said something about Reaper and Cubase??
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Ok, so drop from explorer works, but not from MDrummer, right?
That's correct. It works from explorer but not directly from MDrummer.

Reaper works just fine aside from showing offline (no big deal).

Cubase is strange because the first midi file you drag/drop is empty, and then all of the following drag/drops are ok:

Btw, I also tested on Studio One V3 and it works just fine...

Well, it seems that it just completely depends on the host... For example here it works in Cubase even the first time you use it. In Live we'll probably have to survive it needs to be d&d'ed from explorer. I'll report it to Ableton.
Vojtech

I have never been able to get Mdrummer Drag and Drop to work in ableton live 9 and now 10. Does anyone know of progress from Melda or Ableton?
Thanks! Riley
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

Hard to say, but the newest beta works fine in Live 10.
Vojtech

How do I get the beta? I can only find 7.04 for Mdrummer large on your website. Thanks, Riley
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

Return to “MeldaProduction”