Trance - Barricade

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/dakkra/dakkra-barricade

Let me know what you think! If you hate it, tell me why! If you love it, also tell me why!

:D Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

I like it a lot. So I don't have to tell you why. :wink:

Love it! The stutters are specially well placed! If you're going for an old-school trance sound, it's spot-on!

Your track Teluria is my favorite, though :)

I like the music. Small points of criticism: The mix is a tad muddy, and you could use more reverb (and delay?) and maybe compress a bit more (feels a bit unfinished). Apart from that it's good really. :)

garryknight wrote:I like it a lot. So I don't have to tell you why. :wink:
Touche :wink:
Mariosprt wrote:Love it! The stutters are specially well placed! If you're going for an old-school trance sound, it's spot-on!

Your track Teluria is my favorite, though :)
Thanks! It's been a while since I've done heavy gating or filtering to create transitions so this makes me glad to hear!
chk071 wrote:I like the music. Small points of criticism: The mix is a tad muddy, and you could use more reverb (and delay?) and maybe compress a bit more (feels a bit unfinished). Apart from that it's good really. :)
Ugh that's what I get for using my silly speakers instead of my monitors :lol: Thanks for the tips! I'll see what i can do for my next project!

Thanks all!

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

I really enjoyed this one. The bass is wicked, it's so nasty! Love the tune and love the notes.

Really liked the intro, with the filter thing. That glitchy thing is made with Glitch, Effectrix or something like that? Sounds really cool.
Actually the kick... needs some more layering. Maybe a lil' bit more of compression or even EQ'ing the high frequency, but it kinda lacks of some "high" frequency.

I enjoyed the white noise. The build-up is great. Fan of the first drop, but it needs more "agression" on it. More beef on the hamburguer. The idea is really cool (I like the synth) but it lacks of really energy. The lead of the 3:20 is AWESOME. ¿How you did it? I guess it's something with a long attack, sounds awesome, but again, it lacks of "body". Maybe layering, equing, but it's sad because the sound is really awesome.

This part it's just my opinion, but if I was handling the song, I add some complextro shit (in the likes of Heatbeat) in 4:45-5:00, just to make the song more evolving. Just a personal opinion, it still sounds great.

Overall a really interesting song, that with a little tweaks could be an ASOT song for sure :tu:

I hope you take the critics as positive :phones:

Could you check my also trance song?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p6215025

Like it mate.
Glass houses and all that, as in I'm not one to talk, but it's a little fizzy for me. If you know what I mean.
Pay that no mind, though, good tune this mate. No doubt about that.

Agree with Mario, Teluria is a superb tune.

dakkra wrote:
chk071 wrote:I like the music. Small points of criticism: The mix is a tad muddy, and you could use more reverb (and delay?) and maybe compress a bit more (feels a bit unfinished). Apart from that it's good really. :)
Ugh that's what I get for using my silly speakers instead of my monitors :lol: Thanks for the tips! I'll see what i can do for my next project!
Good stuff. :tu: As i wrote, those are only small points of criticism, it's really pretty good all in all. :)

Very nice mix!

Great tune Dakkra :D

Keeps the energy and enough variation throughout to
maintain my interest.

Real punchy :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

i liked it for the most part. not a big fan of the wavy, pumping compression thing... makes me seasick :(
some parts were very compressed and loud getting as low as 5.5 on the DR meter. its expected though for
a modern dance tune i guess, i was only able to tollerate it all the way through listening on phones
because there were breaks. the IFRC was very good on it. good work :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”