BEST FREE VST SYNTH ... FIREBIRD ?!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FireBird

WHICH FREE VST IS BEST FOR YOU - I DEFINITELY SAY ''FIREBIRD'' THE ''FORGOTTEN MONSTER '' WHICH HAS AMAZING FILTER SECTION ,BUT WANNA HEAR OPINIONS - CHECK MY DEMO OF ''PROGRESSIVE'' SOUND LIBRARY IN YOU MIX AND TELL ME CAN YOU MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THAT WITH ANY FREE ONE - IT SIT MORE NATURALLY THAN SOME OF COMMERCIAL ONES.AS WELL IT'S PERFECT FOR LAYERING WITH OTHER SYNTHS LIKE SPIRE,SYLENTH1 -IT GIVES SO MUCH OF CHARACTER AND IT'S SO ADDICTIVE TO PLAY WITH IT .CHEERS:)

Demo song made with 3-4 (from 512) patches and free FX (Melda,jb,reax)on master bus:

https://soundcloud.com/viliantroy/sets/ ... e-soundset
Last edited by VilianTroy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Last edited by BBFG# on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DISCUSSION BEGIN :) NOT COMPARABLE AT ALL - I WILL SAY THAT FIREBIRD BEAT EVEN SYLENTH1 IN SOME CASES - PLAY A BIT WITH MOOG,M-SHAPE ,NOTCH OR SYNCIE FILTERS AND YOU WLL SEE WHAT HAPPENED :) NOT TO MENTION HOW MANY WAVEFORM COMBINATION YOU CAN CREATE AND WITH MODIFY OPTION YOU COULD HAVE SOUND FROM LIKE 4-6 OSC ... SUBTRACTIVE SYNTHESIS IS SO ADDICTIVE :) CHEERS:)
Last edited by VilianTroy on Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VilianTroy wrote:DISCUSSION BEGIN :) NOT COMPARABLE AT ALL - I WILL SAY THAT FIREBIRD BEAT EVEN SYLENTH1 IN SOME CASES - PLAY A BIT WITH MOOG,M-SHAPE ,NOTCH OR SYNCIE FILTERS AND YOU WLL SEE WHAT HAPPENED :) CHEERS:)
It is "bad form" to write in all caps on an internet forum.

THE TOPIC WAS FREE SYNTHS NOT MY NARCISSISM :)
Last edited by VilianTroy on Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by BBFG# on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

if u have what to say about preferred free vst synths say it or go play freud in anybody else topic :(

TRIP TRAP TROP

VilianTroy wrote:if u have what to say about preferred free vst synths say it or go play freud in anybody else topic :(
Thanks for not writing in caps. I believe you'll get more and better answers that way.

To play a devils advocate: there are at least few totally legit reasons to write in all caps - bad eyesight for example, or a broken keyboard. :)

On topic.
For me it is Xhip.
I can get it to sound kinda like Polymoog (left), kinda like Jupiter 8 (left), kinda like Diva (right), kinda like OB-X (left and in progress).
I have fun using it, and it only crashes or does unexpected things very rarely.
Thats all i need.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Synth 1 is still the king of freeware synths in my opinion.

Oh and Firebird was not "freeware" for me.....I paid for it and for an upgrade to the Plus version. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Kinda more abandonware really. It was put out to pasture.

^^ I take that back, at least they updated it to 64 bits.
Last edited by braj on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

One cool thing though, it was updated to 64 bit apparently, I own it but never got any notice about updates, and rarely used it, but I'm reinstalling it now.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Firebird? Nope, 32-bit only unfortunately...

My favorite free synths are Synth1 and Aalto Solo.

Return to “Instruments”