Steinberg releases my library Colliding Worlds for Groove Agent 4 (+SE)

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Groove Agent

Today Steinberg released my library Colliding Worlds for Groove Agent SE and Groove Agent, It took me about half a year to accomplish, over 1.700 samples and loops were played and recorded all by myself, cut, edited, polished, also transformed into electronic soundscapes and other funny noises and eventually structured in musical patterns and loops.

Here is a video playlist with all the audio demos recorded to video showing each instance of GA involved, basically using the patterns inside each Kit to produce the music and adding a few extra things here and there. More info later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml73ydQpbrA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcFXoQNQ6Wo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KZrE0Y ... UAUiUPdwty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYVKH8Vv0IY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWr4Lw4t1Ks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTwgRDKfqU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QynlI0CIqA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E_g0oUUyqw

Playlist with many more videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... UAUiUPdwty

I'll also upload the demos to my Soundcloud in a minute.

You will find deeply multi-sampled sounds of:
darabuka, frame drum, ocean drum, concert toms, various snares, djembes, various chimes, gong/tam tam, a kit made from door sounds, a kit made from field recordings recorded in various factories, container drums (waste, glass and charity containers), electronic drums, singing bowls (bowed and beaten), kitchen percussion, Hang percussion, Angkelungs (chromatically sampled - 18 sizes), crotales (2 octaves - beaten and also some processed bowed sounds), 200 litre oil barrel, corpus percussion (played on a cello corpus and some other stuff), cymbals (ride and various splashs), water pan, various rainmakers, Nepalese bells and finger cymbals, five differently sized temple blocks, warped electronic drums sounds and a spring drums.

Here comes a Soundcloud widget with all 15 demos:

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... oove-agent

Some details about each kit:

Angkelungs - 89 Samples - 57.9 MB
18 Angkelungs ranging from G3 - C5, multisampled with 4x round robin (shaking it forth/back), additional tempo-synced loops, tremolos and trills for selected pitches.

Barrel Drums - 62 Samples - 82.6 MB
200 liter oil barrel multi-sampled hits at different spots of the barrel, played with all kinds of sticks, mallets and other things, also hitting a cymbal lying on top of the barrel - some electronic derivatives and 2 synced loops are also available.

Chime In - 44 Samples - 169.5 MB
Tubular wind-chimes (the tubes are up to 1,20 m long), glass chimes, two differently sized bar chimes (the bigger one is huge, weighing 12+ kg), large bamboo chimes, some electronic derivatives/soundscapes/drones, tempo-synced loops played with sticks on the bamboo chimes.

Container Drums - 51 Samples - 28.7 MB
Various waste, recycling, storage and charity containers of different sizes and materials, mostly multi-sampled with round robin, many of the samples are pre-processed.

Corpus Percussion - 75 Samples - 34.3 MB
Most of the samples were created on the corpus of a cello using various sticks, objects and tools like screwdrivers, Allen wrenches and chopsticks, some samples were created on an acoustic western guitar - some additional electronic derivatives (loops) are also included.

Crotales - 75 Samples - 378.5 MB
2 octaves from C5 - C7, sampled with 4 velocities layers. The lower octave (C5 - B5) was sampled chromatically and the samples were also copied to the octave below, extending the instrument range from C4 - C7. The upper octave (C#6 - B6) was sampled in whole-tone steps. Two bowed crotales textures and two electronic derivatives thereof are also included in this kit.

Cymbalizer - 89 Samples - 275.9 MB
20“ ride cymbal and five differently sized splash cymbals, multi-sampled with up to 7 velocity layers / 4x round robin, various articulations including bowed cymbal sounds which are electronically processed. A floor tom with 7 velocity layers, a tempo-synced rainmaker loop and a deep container sub kick with round robin variations were borrowed from other kicks.

Darabuka - 50 Samples - 53.7 MB
Multisampled darabuka (metal corpus), various articulations were sampled with up to 7 velocity layers and 8x round robin, 13 tempo-synced loops in various time signature and some processed darabuka sounds are also included. Some percussion and bass instruments were borrowed from other kits.

Door Drums - 45 Samples - 33.6 MB
Various doors and gates recorded in various places like stairways, parking lots, apartments, cars, and industrial spaces. Some are multi-sampled with round robin variations, some use sample start velocity to modify the samples. Processed, tempo-synced loops and a soundscape are also available and some odd loops made from closing a wooden door.

Dual Djembe - 96 Samples - 112.1 MB
Two big djembes, one wooden the other made of fiberglass, multisampled with up to 8 velocity layers / 8x round robin, plenty of articulations are available including tempo-synced finger rolls. 21 synced loops in various time-signatures are included, six of them played on both djembes simultaneously.

Factory Mayhem - 33 samples - 37.2 MB
Industrial kit made entirely from field recordings collected in various factories and harbors. Tempo-synced and tonal loops composed from processed industrial sounds are also available, quite a few pads use sample velocity start range.

Frame Drums - 88 Samples - 166.5 MB
Two bodhran drums (frame drums) one of them at two different tunings, multi-sampled with up to 7 velocity layers and 4x round robin, various articulations are available like beater hits, mallet hits, hand hits, finger slaps, finger rolls, tremolos, swishes and more. A granular frame drum soundscape and a tempo-synced, processed oud theme are also included, some shaker sounds were borrowed from the Let It Rain-Kit.

Gimmick Kit - 62 Samples - 100.7 MB
Percussion sounds with a cartoon-ish flavor.
spring drum, water pan, thunder sheet multisampled with up to 6 velocity layers and 8x round robin, some electronic derivatives. A few percussion sounds were borrowed from other kits.

Kitchen Percussion - 90 Samples - 86.5 MB
Multi-sampled kitchen objects sampled with up to 8x round robin and 7 velocity layers: two cooking pots (one of them filled with water) played with various sticks, spoons and mallets, a milk foamer, a salad spinner, cutlery and a knife sharpener. A spectral soundscape derived from a spoon sound is also included.

Let It Rain - 39 Samples - 99.6 MB
waterfall percussion (plastic chimes), monsoon rainmaker, distant thunder, processed rainmaker drones
11 tempo-synced loops are also included

Mellowtone Mix - 97 Samples - 96.3 MB
Hang percussion - all 9 pentatonic pitches multi-sampled at 4 velocities and 2 articulations (hand/soft mallet), multi-sampled sub-bass accents played on the backside of the instrument - the original tuning was preserved so it’s not perfectly chromatic.

Mellowtone Chromatic
Same samples as above, mapped chromatically split up into two articulations (mallets/hands).

Mellowtone Loop Mix - 2 Samples - 113 MB
28 Mellowtone loops in various time signatures, accompanied by some electronic drum- and synth loops and percussion - and drum instruments, borrowed from other kits.

Nepal Bells - 69 Samples - 197.2 MB
Two differently sized Dorje bells, 2 differently sized crotales - accents with 4 velocities and tremolos
two finger cymbals - accents, rubbed, open/close with 6x round robin, tempo-synced loops, some electronics.

Ocean Drum - 50 Samples - 119.5 MB
Large 22“ ocean drums, multisampled hits of various kinds, shakes, waves and tempo-synced shake loops. 13 tempo-synced loops are also included in this kit and a music-loop audio-morphing Tuvan throat singing with one of the pattern beats.

Singing Bowls - 38 Samples - 303.9 MB
Five singing bowls, hit, rubbed (with release samples) and bowed, some electronic derivatives/soundscapes are also included."
Singing Bowls Chromatic Same samples as above mapped chromatically, using layered articulations (beaten/bowed/rubbed) also adding electronic drone sounds in the bass register. Some micro bells and waterfall percussion were borrowed from other kits.

Snare Mania - 98 Samples - 85 MB
Three differently sized snare drums, multi-sampled with up to 8 velocity layers and 6x round robin, multiple articulations are available (normal hits rattle on/off, rim shots, rolls and accents, flams, rim flams).
20 tempo-synced loops, some additional electronic percussion loops and a granulated snare soundscape are also available. Several cymbals and percussion instruments were borrowed from other kits.

Space Gong - 56 Samples - 224.9 MB
Large Chinese windgong recorded with all sorts of multisampled articulations (velocity or round robin) like muted, open, swells, swishes, scrapes and whale gong sounds played with differently sized rubber balls - some electronic derivatives and processed Thai gongs are also included.

Temple Blocks - 67 Samples - 64.8 MB
Five temple blocks, multi-sampled at 4 velocities, tremolos with accel./rit. - tempo-synced loops - also processed with FX - in various time signatures. From C3 - C5 the five blocks are mapped chromatically.

Tom Attack - 111 Samples - 178.1 MB
Four concert toms and a floor tom, multisampled at up to 7 velocity layers or 8x round robin and various articulations (stick, mallets, flams, rimshots) - 12 temposynced loops in various time signatures and tempos are also available.

Urbanizer - 43 Samples - 28.8 MB
This kit is composed entirely from electronic drum sounds, percussive noises and glitchy textures programmed on various drum machines and synthesizers. Four tempo-synced loops are also available, one of them audio-morphing one of the pattern beats with the sound of a departing subway.

Warped Kit - 20 Samples - 76 MB
Electronic drum sounds and tempo-synced loops with a warped twist.

Water Pan Loops - 47 Samples - 119.5 MB
47 water pan loops, acoustic and sometimes extremely processed and glitchy in various time signatures (5/8 - 6/8 - 7/8 - 4/4 - 4/4 triplets) and a bass sequencer loop in 7/8. Some drum- and percussion sounds were borrowed from other kits (frame drum kick, rim shot snares, monsoon shaker loop, electronic shaker loop).

World Percussion Mix - 2 extra samples
This kit combines numerous multisampled instruments from other kits like djembe, darabuka, frame drum, ocean drum, finger and splash cymbals, bells, bamboo chimes, monsoon rainmaker and shaker sounds. Two tempos-synced music loops audio-morphing granulated oud with one of the pattern beats and a bass sequencer were additionally created for this kit.

----

1761 samples in total - 3.34 GB uncompressed - wav/stereo/48 Khz/24 Bit
all acoustic samples are phase-aligned, recorded in L-C-R, sometimes adding contact microphones attached directly to an instrument or using a dynamic mic for the backside of a drum like the two djembes and the darabuka in order to capture the low end better.

grrr ... I hate you Simon I've been avoiding GA simply because the libraries don't take advantage of it from a sampler perspective. I don't need another drum VSTi. And I haven't had the time to "do my own thang" with it. Now I'll have to reconsider. This really starts to show the real power of GA.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:grrr ... I hate you Simon I've been avoiding GA simply because the libraries don't take advantage of it from a sampler perspective. I don't need another drum VSTi. And I haven't had the time to "do my own thang" with it. Now I'll have to reconsider. This really starts to show the real power of GA.
Thank´s for hating me - LOL, I struggled with GA in the beginning of this project (tiny GUI, specialized workflow), then I learned it inside out and now consider it to be an extremely capable plug-in, not only for drum samples (as this library shows), also for mixing things to a final sound as there are so many good FX and routing options on board. Also the stretching algos for syncing/stretching/time-compressing synced loops and other things sound pretty awesome really.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Thank´s for hating me - LOL,
Thanks for understanding that it was a compliment :lol:
I struggled with GA in the beginning of this project (tiny GUI, specialized workflow), then I learned it inside out and now consider it to be an extremely capable plug-in, not only for drum samples (as this library shows), also for mixing things to a final sound as there are so many good FX and routing options on board. Also the stretching algos for syncing/stretching/time-compressing synced loops and other things sound pretty awesome really.
I don't know if you've integrated the complexity knob or not.... But, just like you I found the interface baffling, small and the workflow convoluted. However, I started dropping orchestra samples on it and found it to provide a very unique approach to soundscape triggering. However, I did NOT learn it inside out, got frustrated, and have never gone back to see if I can make a useable workflow for myself.

you've likely inspired/shamed me into giving it another go. :tu:

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: Thank´s for hating me - LOL,
Thanks for understanding that it was a compliment :lol:
I struggled with GA in the beginning of this project (tiny GUI, specialized workflow), then I learned it inside out and now consider it to be an extremely capable plug-in, not only for drum samples (as this library shows), also for mixing things to a final sound as there are so many good FX and routing options on board. Also the stretching algos for syncing/stretching/time-compressing synced loops and other things sound pretty awesome really.
I don't know if you've integrated the complexity knob or not.... But, just like you I found the interface baffling, small and the workflow convoluted. However, I started dropping orchestra samples on it and found it to provide a very unique approach to soundscape triggering. However, I did NOT learn it inside out, got frustrated, and have never gone back to see if I can make a useable workflow for myself.

you've likely inspired/shamed me into giving it another go. :tu:
My set is for the Beat Agent, so no complexity knob which is only available in the acoustic agent I belive. Originally the Steinbergs wanted to build a dedicated GA version for this set, but it was too much hassle after all so I used what was there and it worked fine.

Give it another spin, it's really capable and fun to work with once you get over the barriers.

Sampleconstruct wrote: My set is for the Beat Agent, so no complexity knob which is only available in the acoustic agent I belive. Originally the Steinbergs wanted to build a dedicated GA version for this set, but it was too much hassle after all so I used what was there and it worked fine.

Give it another spin, it's really capable and fun to work with once you get over the barriers.
ah, got you.

Some images of some of the sampled instruments:

The Angkelung, an instrument from south east asia/Java - I sampled 18 of those with 4x round robin each ranging over 2.5 octaves, then there are also some dynamic tremolos played on some of the pitches:

Featured in this demo:
https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/07-world-tribes

Impressive Simon!

And yes... GA4 is super awesome after the learning curve :wink:

samplerbanker wrote:Impressive Simon!

And yes... GA4 is super awesome after the learning curve :wink:
Thank's for chiming in!

This is the water pan I sampled, an amazing instrument which looks rather inconspicuous. The guy who owns and runs Preissler Music (which is only a 20 minute drive from my place), Tom Preissler - where I rented most of the instruments sampled for this set (except for the ones I bought) - has all these amazing little instruments hidden in his cupboards and cabinets, the water pan is one of them. I'll be sampling my way through more of these gems during the next months.

The pan is featured in two of the GA kits - Water Pan Loops and Gimmick Kit and it´s playing in both of these demos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml73ydQpbrA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTwgRDKfqU0

The darabuka I played and sampled for CW has a copper body, so she sounds much brighter and sharper than a wooden darabuka.

Presented in this demo track, together with the kit Kitchen Percussion which features multi-sampled kitchen objects sampled with up to 8x round robin and 7 velocity layers: two cooking pots (one of them filled with water) played with various sticks, spoons and mallets, a milk foamer, a salad spinner, cutlery and a knife sharpener. A spectral soundscape derived from a spoon sound is also included, some sounds in this demo are played with patterns from the Gimmick Kit.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... ka-kitchen

here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E_g0oUUyqw

And the Hang I sampled, here she is in all her pentatonic beauty:

There are 3 kits in CW featuring the Hang, a patch which uses only the 9 pentatonic tones plus the sub bass on the backside of the instrument, then there is a chromatic version and a kit which uses tempo-synced loops, description:

Mellowtone Mix - 97 Samples - 96.3 MB
Hang percussion - all 9 pentatonic pitches multi-sampled at 4 velocities and 2 articulations (hand/soft mallet), multi-sampled sub-bass accents played on the backside of the instrument - the original tuning was preserved so it’s not perfectly chromatic.

Mellowtone Chromatic
Same samples as above, mapped chromatically split up into two articulations (mallets/hands).

Mellowtone Loop Mix - 2 Samples - 113 MB
28 Mellowtone loops in various time signatures, accompanied by some electronic drum- and synth loops and percussion - and drum instruments, borrowed from other kits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT6rcFbZR3E

Dungeon Waltz is worth the price of admission

Return to “patchpool”