A.C.E.: awesome "little" synth

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere)

Was involved in a remix for an upcoming album and used A.C.E. for all the percussion:

PoP Campaign - Dead Dark [Twatting a Tory | exm remix] :

>Orignal by PoP Campaign; Twatting a Tory, out on Touched - Music for Macmillan Cancer Support (october 30): http://touched.isig.co/

>Video by J.Bax: http://www.jbax.nl/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8rzXiA ... e=youtu.be

Please let me know what you think.
Last edited by exmatproton on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All right man, I haven't played around with that kind of material (autechre and the like) since 2000 sometime....there was a BUNCH of that glitch (what we used to call IDM) back around 2000...late 90's. Gotta say it was refreshing, well done and needed...I luv it. :hihi:

I have a bunch of that glitch laying around on vinyl and ripped cd's and cassette. I'm might have to pull it out now...well done!

Dasheesh wrote:All right man, I haven't played around with that kind of material (autechre and the like) since 2000 sometime....there was a BUNCH of that glitch (what we used to call IDM) back around 2000...late 90's. Gotta say it was refreshing, well done and needed...I luv it. :hihi:

I have a bunch of that glitch laying around on vinyl and ripped cd's and cassette. I'm might have to pull it out now...well done!
Thnx! And yes, late 90's, begin 00's were great in terms of "IDM" experimentation. Loved that era for sure! A.C.E. is an awesome synth to experiment with in mutiple genres, IDM/glitch being 1 of them for sure! :love:

Yeah, bringing back memories. MAX MSP was the hot new shit. I never was very good at that , too much programing for me, but I respected what they where doing with it. All the cool kids were tweaking Reaktor. Good times. Once ableton came out everything just got boring. I bought ableton in 2001 and stuck with it for the next decade... Got so bored of ableton music...unchanging, looped, samples. blah. everybody learned how to play a sequencer. Ableton really did a number on music and I'm as guilty as the rest of them for supporting it. I got so sick of paying for the minor updates I just stopped updating and just recently went reaper. Back to playing instruments for me :). I really loved the experimental side of computer music though, I was just never good at sitting around and programming a computer. I get bored too easy. The soundscape and ambient stuff was really interesting then...it was the first time guys were able to play with silence! Like dead space. That was never possible before computers. Then the granular stuff. Yeah I was there for all of it. Grew up around the rave scene in the early nineties. saw it all. Was around punk and rock and then the counter culture before that. Before that it was JAZZ. :) These days I'm into good song writers and talented players...the rest of it is a wash at this point. I do like a lot of house as it seems to have withstood the test of time.

anyway...is it ok if I share this on the net? Not many will see it from me (I keep my friends close) but I like it.

Dasheesh wrote:Yeah, bringing back memories. MAX MSP was the hot new shit. I never was very good at that , too much programing for me, but I respected what they where doing with it. All the cool kids were tweaking Reaktor. Good times. Once ableton came out everything just got boring. I bought ableton in 2001 and stuck with it for the next decade... Got so bored of ableton music...unchanging, looped, samples. blah. everybody learned how to play a sequencer. Ableton really did a number on music and I'm as guilty as the rest of them for supporting it. I got so sick of paying for the minor updates I just stopped updating and just recently went reaper. Back to playing instruments for me :). I really loved the experimental side of computer music though, I was just never good at sitting around and programming a computer. I get bored too easy. The soundscape and ambient stuff was really interesting then...it was the first time guys were able to play with silence! Like dead space. That was never possible before computers. Then the granular stuff. Yeah I was there for all of it. Grew up around the rave scene in the early nineties. saw it all. Was around punk and rock and then the counter culture before that. Before that it was JAZZ. :) These days I'm into good song writers and talented players...the rest of it is a wash at this point. I do like a lot of house as it seems to have withstood the test of time.

anyway...is it ok if I share this on the net? Not many will see it from me (I keep my friends close) but I like it.
Same here mate. Used taperecorders and what not back in the days. The first DAW i used was Fasttracker :P . But playing 'real' instruments is some good fun for sure.

I am on FL Studio for years (17 years now...), but use Reaper and Renoise as well. I tried Ableton for a bit, but it did not fit my workflow.

Ofcourse you can share this on the net. :) thnx!

Nice use of ace in that!

I agree with everything people say about A.c.e! It's awesome! Here is a small little track made with just one instance of it that i made recently.

https://soundcloud.com/voratix/hello-ace
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Nice use of ace in that!

I agree with everything people say about A.c.e! It's awesome! Here is a small little track made with just one instance of it that i made recently.

https://soundcloud.com/voratix/hello-ace
Lovely!

Return to “u-he”