SynthMaster song contest with $1000 cash and software license prizes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster Player for iOS

Hi everyone,

While we're busy with implementing SynthMaster v2.8 and SynthMaster Player iOS v1.1, we decided to start a song contest. Last month we had a similar contest for SynthMaster Player iOS, this time it's both for desktop and mobile, and it's more rewarding: we have cash prizes! :hyper:

1st place: $300 cash + SynthMaster Everything Bundle Upgrade license
2nd place: $250 cash + SynthMaster Everything Bundle Upgrade license
3rd place: $200 cash + SynthMaster Everything Bundle Upgrade license
4th place: $150 cash + 10 preset bank licenses
5th place: $100 cash + 10 preset bank licenses
6th-10th places: 10 preset bank licenses
Others: will receive 2 preset banks for free

The rules/conditions of the song contest are:

1. Any licensed user of SynthMaster, SynthMaster Player or SynthMaster Player for iPad can enter this contest. If you are not a licensed user and would like to enter the contest you can purchase a SynthMaster Player license for $9, we just announced our 70% OFF sale
2. The song should be between 3 to 5 minutes.
3. External effects, vocals or drums can be used in the song. External instruments, synths, etc are obviously not allowed.
4. Presets from SynthMaster expansions or user presets can be used.
5. The songs should be sent to us between November 15-November 30. We would prefer the files to be sent over file sharing services like DropBox. The song should be in 320kbits/sec, 44.1khz stereo MP3 (or any well known compressed) format. We also require the following information/files to be sent: Number of SynthMaster instances used in the song, DAW & external effects used, name of factory/expansion presets and also custom preset files designed by you. We're planning to release those presets as a public preset bank. For any correspondence, please contact us from our web site under the category "Song Contest"
6. We will upload all songs to a new playlist on our SoundCloud channel and announce them here and also on our Facebook channel.
7. Public voting will take place on our SoundCloud and Facebook channels between December 1-December 15. There will also be a private judge voting. The judges will formed from SynthMaster sound designers and users invited by KV331 Audio.
8. The weight of public/private voting will be 50%/50%. We will announce the top 10 results on December 16.
9. Cash prizes will be paid via PayPal. Software licenses are NFR, i.e. not for resale.

EDIT: Here's the playlist:

https://soundcloud.com/kv331synthmaster ... ntest-2015

The KV331 Audio Team
Last edited by kv331 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

No vocals? Just instrumental?

kv331 wrote:

3. External effects, vocals or drums can be used in the song.

wagtunes wrote:No vocals? Just instrumental?
I guess you overlooked " External effects, vocals or drums can be used in the song" part :)
Works at KV331 Audio

wagtunes wrote:No vocals? Just instrumental?
3. External effects, vocals or drums can be used in the song.
:wink: Vocals seems to be allowed. But no other synths.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Oh, this could be fun! Doubt I'll have time to participate, but will try. Good luck to everyone.

What about artificial vocals? I can't sing but do have a vocal producing product.

wagtunes wrote:What about artificial vocals? I can't sing but do have a vocal producing product.
Yeah you can use them as well.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:What about artificial vocals? I can't sing but do have a vocal producing product.
Then I am definitely in. OMG I can't wait!

Been writing songs since 1979. If I can't make a good showing on this, shame on me.

wagtunes wrote:
kv331 wrote:
Then I am definitely in. OMG I can't wait!

Been writing songs since 1979. If I can't make a good showing on this, shame on me.
Count me in as well, I wanted to do a Synthmaster only track anyway as mentioned in the KV331 forums earlier- the chance to win a price for that gives me an extra boost :)

Good luck to all contestants! :hyper:

Oh, and an additional question: What about the copyright / copyleft? Will we be able to provide it on our own Soundcloud account and offer it as a free download?

FrankLaVerne wrote: Oh, and an additional question: What about the copyright / copyleft? Will we be able to provide it on our own Soundcloud account and offer it as a free download?
Hi Frank,

We only ask for the right to stream your track from our SoundCloud channel, other than that you have the copyright to the song.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
FrankLaVerne wrote: We only ask for the right to stream your track from our SoundCloud channel, other than that you have the copyright to the song.
Sounds like a win-win situation then :tu:

Thanks for making one of the most affordable powerhorse VSTis that the market can offer these days!

All vst companies should learn from yours. Keep up the good work!

What i'm interested in is others. So even if i didn't get to top 10 with my song i can still get 2 free preset bank?
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:What i'm interested in is others. So even if i didn't get to top 10 with my song i can still get 2 free preset bank?
are these presets of choice?

Return to “Instruments”